Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
Each volume of The Kuyper Center Review, produced by the Abraham Kuyper Center for Public Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary, presents historical and critical essays exploring the relation between Reformed Christianity and culture. It focuses on the writings of Abraham Kuyper, whose life as a pastor, theologian, journalist, and politician remarkably exemplified expressions of confidence in the Christian worldview in both theory and practice. This annual publication offers readers the best new works exploring the history and contemporary relevance of Reformed theology for key topics in politics, economics, and culture.
Volume 1 explores Kuyper’s influential concept of sphere sovereignty as a way of delineating the boundaries of authority encompassing the various areas of life—private and public, ecclesial and secular. Volume 2 discusses the theological lens of common grace, which offers an accurate view of the relationship between Christianity and the broader culture. Volume 3 provides historical, theological, and practical treatments of the positive neo-Calvinist view of the arts and their place within Christianity. Volume 4 examines Kuyper’s contributions to the development of democracy in the Netherlands at the turn of the twentieth century, and suggests ways that Kuyper’s work can guide democracy today.
These volumes’ Logos editions enhance the depth and efficiency of your study with amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations and original-language texts. Citations to other works in your library link to the exact page for quick reference. Powerful searches allow you to find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you study on the go. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- The best new work on the history and relevance of Reformed theology for politics, economics, and culture
- Historical, theological, and practical essays on Kuyper and his enduring significance
- Articles on key topics produced by the Abraham Kuyper Center for Public Theology at Princeton
- The Kuyper Center Review, vol. 1: Politics, Religion, and Sphere Sovereignty edited by Gordon Graham
- The Kuyper Center Review, vol. 2: Revelation and Common Grace edited by John Bowlin
- The Kuyper Center Review, vol. 3: Calvinism and Culture edited by Gordon Graham
- The Kuyper Center Review, vol. 4: Calvinism and Democracy edited by John Bowlin
The Kuyper Center Review, vol. 4: Calvinism and Democracy
- Editor: John Bowlin
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Publication Date: 2014
- Pages: 208
- Title: Kuyper Center Review
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 4
- Pages: 912