Eerdmans Early Judaism Collection (7 vols.)
by 8 authors Matthias Henze, John J. Collins, Daniel C. Harlow, James C. VanderKam, Joseph A. Fitzmyer, Gerbern Oegema, James H. Charlesworth, Portier-Young, Anathea E.
Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
The Eerdmans Early Judaism Collection from Eerdmans provides a comprehensive overview of the literature and culture of Judaism leading up to the arrival of Christ. Focusing predominantly on the Second Temple period, this collection some of the most recent Judaic scholarship is a valuable addition to the library of those interested in the history, theology, and culture of the society through which the gospel first came to the world.
Matthias Henze covers the exegesis of the Hebrew Bible before the birth of Christ in A Companion to Biblical Interpretation in Early Judaism. Gerbern S. Oegema examines the theological implications of apocryphal texts associated with the Hebrew Bible in Early Judaism and Modern Culture. James C. VanderKam uses the latest archaeological data to take us on an illustrated adventure of early Jewish culture and literature in An Introduction to Early Judaism. Joseph A Fitzmyer explores how Jews before Christ came to anticipate a coming messiah. These and other volumes provide a comprehensive and authoritative guide to Judaism as it was when Jesus was born.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take your study with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study
- Comprehensive guide to Judaism of the Second Temple period
- Contemporary scholarship on the literature and exegesis of the Hebrew Bible and associated extracanonical texts
- Contextual insights for modern application
- A Companion to Biblical Interpretation in Early Judaism by Matthias Henze
- Early Judaism and Modern Culture: Literature and Theology by Gerbern S. Oegema
- An Introduction to Early Judaism by James C. VanderKam
- The One Who Is to Come by Joseph A. Fitzmyer
- The Tomb of Jesus and His Family?: Exploring Ancient Jewish Tombs near Jerusalem’s Walls edited by James H. Charlesworth
- Early Judaism: A Comprehensive Overview edited by John J. Collins and Daniel C. Harlow
- Apocalypse against Empire: Theologies of Resistance in Early Judaism by Anathea E. Portier-Young
The Tomb of Jesus and His Family?: Exploring Ancient Jewish Tombs near Jerusalem’s Walls
- Editor: James H. Charlesworth
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Publication Date: 2013
- Pages: 605
- Title: Early Judaism Collection
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 2,924