The Church at Worship Series (3 vols.)
Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
The Church at Worship series presents case studies of worshiping communities around the world and throughout Christian history, designed to inform and enrich worship practices today. Rather than survey historical developments of worship, this series closely examines worship practices of particular times and places. Each volume includes a map, a timeline, a summary of noteworthy aspects of worship in the relevant time period and region, an anthology of primary sources, and questions for congregational and student study groups.
Explore the worship of the most significant African-American congregation in the South at the turn of the twentieth century with Lester Ruth’s, Longing for Jesus. Learn from the Early Medieval church’s liturgy with Walter Ray’s vibrant snapshot of sixth-century Byzantine Christianity, Tasting Heaven on Earth. Discover the worship of the ancient church with Ruth, Steenwyk, and Witvliet’s rich and readable presentation of fourth-century Christianity in Jerusalem, Walking Where Jesus Walked.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture and ancient text citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Dates link to the Logos Timeline, revealing other significant events at that time bearing on Christian worship. Powerful searches allow you to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Examines Christian worship around the world and throughout Christian history
- Presents a closer look at worship practices of particular times and places
- Informs and enriches worship practices today
- Includes maps, timelines, summaries, anthologies of primary sources, and questions for congregational and student study groups
- Walking Where Jesus Walked: Worship in Fourth-Century Jerusalem by Lester Ruth, Carrie Steenwyk, and John D. Witvliet
- Tasting Heaven on Earth: Worship in Sixth-Century Constantinople by Walter D. Ray
- Longing for Jesus: Worship at a Black Holiness Church in Mississippi, 1895–1913 by Lester Ruth
- Title: The Church at Worship Series
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 533