Spanning 66 books and thousands of years, the Bible can be difficult for new readers to approach on a big-picture level. However, keeping overarching themes in mind lends crucial insight and structure to studying the Bible—new and experienced readers alike will benefit from seeing the major threads that tie together Scripture's narrative.
Written with a large dose of liveliness and humor, Storylines: Your Map to Understanding the Bible lays out six main themes of the Bible. Authors Mike Pilvachi and Andy Croft identify the following themes as “storylines”: Jesus, covenant, presence, kingdom, salvation, and worship. Giving a fresh look at each of these narrative threads, the authors reveal a method of studying Scripture that makes it live and breathe, illuminating how it is relevant to life today. With a conversational feel throughout, the authors argue that in grasping these big ideas of the Bible, your study become more holistic and fruitful. Storylines also includes appendices, which give a twenty-page summary of the Bible and a accessible discussion of how it came to be in its present form.
With Logos Bible Software this text is enhanced with amazing functionality. Use the Logos timeline feature to connect biblical events with other surrounding historical events as you work through Storylines, and contextualize the Bible like never before. Delve deeper into biblical texts with original language tools. Perform powerful searches with the Topic Guide while tablet and mobile apps let you take your study with you and connect with your community from anywhere. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place.
- Outlines and examines six major narrative threads of the Bible
- Makes a great introduction to studying the Bible comprehensively
- Offers accuracy and insight in a warm conversational tone
- Chapter 1: The Jesus Storyline
- Chapter 2: The Covenant Storyline
- Chapter 3: The Presence Storyline
- Chapter 4: The Kingdom Storyline
- Chapter 5: The Salvation Storyline
- Chapter 6: The Worship Storyline
- Chapter 7: The Storyline Continue
- Appendix A: The Bible in 20 Pages
- Appendix B: The What, Why, and How of the Bible
- Title: Storylines: Your Map to Understanding the Bible
- Authors: Mike Pilavachi and Andy Croft
- Publisher: David C. Cook
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 208
About the Authors
Mike Pilavachi is the senior pastor of the Soul Survivor church in Watford, North London. He is also the founder and public face of the UK’s biggest Christian youth event, Soul Survivor, which has an annual attendance of over 28,0000. He is a popular international speaker and author of several books including Soul Survivor with Nicky Gumbel and Live the Life with Craig Borlaise.
Andy Croft earned a theology degree from Cambridge University and is associate director of Soul Survivor Ministries.