Translation of the Vulgate Collection (4 vols.)•
4 publishers 1901–1926
The Translation of the Vulgate Collection brings together essential reference texts and translations of the Vulgate Psalter, all at your fingertips. These classic works were especially designed to help you understand the breviary and the Latin liturgy better while growing your knowledge of the ecclesial Latin. With key translations and commentaries that compare the Latin Vulgate with the original Hebrew Psalms—as well as a grammar specifically composed with biblical Latin in mind—these works will help transform your ecclesial Latin studies.
Experience these works in Logos to understand the difference. With a click, look up Latin, Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic terms in dictionaries you trust. Compare these translations side-by-side with other Vulgate Bibles in your library, or see how the various translations differ from the modern Roman Missal or your favorite breviary.
Translation of the Psalms and Canticles with Commentary will be downloaded as three resources: commentary, translation of the Hebrew text, and translation of the Vulgate text.
- Provides multiple translations of the Psalms from linguistic experts
- Contains extensive introductions and notes on the translational choices of the psalms and canticles
- Includes a grammar written exclusively for the Latin of the Vulgate
- Bridges difficulties between modern English; biblical Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic; and ecclesial Latin
- The Psalms: A Study of the Vulgate Psalter in Light of the Hebrew Text, vol. 1, 2nd ed. by Patrick Boylan
- The Psalms: A Study of the Vulgate Psalter in Light of the Hebrew Text, vol. 2, 2nd ed. by Patrick Boylan
- Translation of the Psalms and Canticles with Commentary by James McSwiney
- A Grammar of the Vulgate by W. E. Plater and H. J. White
The Psalms: A Study of the Vulgate Psalter in Light of the Hebrew Text, vol. 2
- Author: Patrick Boylan
- Edition: 2nd
- Publisher: M. H. Gill & Son
- Publication Date: 1921
- Pages: 405
- Title: Translation of the Vulgate Collection
- Volumes: 4
- Pages: 1,539