Eisenbrauns Old Testament Studies Collection (3 vols.)
The Eisenbrauns Old Testament Studies Collection will add to your understanding of Old Testament culture while also addressing significant, sometimes controversial, topics of modern scholarship. The ancient Near Eastern mode of thought is not at all intuitive to modern readers, but our understanding of ancient perspectives can only approach accuracy when we penetrate ancient texts on their own terms rather than imposing our modern worldview. This collection’s three volumes use thorough research and analysis to draw connections between archaeology, historical culture studies, and specific Scripture passages.
With Logos Bible Software, this collection is completely searchable, making the text more powerful and easier to access for scholarly work and personal study. Scripture text appears on mouseover in your preferred translation, and the Logos version integrates into your digital library, so your dictionaries and other reference tools are only ever a click away.
- Analyzes specific Old Testament passages in relation to ancient cultural context
- Discusses the relationship between archaeology and the dating of biblical texts
- Includes a range of scholarly perspectives
- Genesis 1 as Ancient Cosmology by John H. Walton
- Sacred Time, Sacred Place: Archaeology and the Religion of Israel edited by Barry M. Gittlen
- Text and History: Historiography and the Study of the Biblical Text by Jens Bruun Kofoed
- Title: Eisenbrauns Old Testament Studies Collection
- Publisher: Eisenbrauns
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 780