Augsburg Fortress World Religions Collection (2 vols.)
Fortress Press 2010–2012
The Augsburg Fortress World Religions Collection presents a unique look at how various religions—Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, and Native American faiths—interact with each other and with the Christian tradition. The Dialogue Comes of Age examines Christianity’s relationship with other faiths, illustrating ways Christians can relate and dialogue with practitioners of other religions and analyzing what other religions can contribute to a Christian self-understanding. The Emergence of Islam provides an introduction to Islam’s history, tracing Muhammad’s early life and the Qur’an’s origins, development, structure, and meaning. This collection offers advice on how to witness to loved ones who differ in faith.
With the Logos Bible Software edition of the Augsburg Fortress World Religions Collection, you have unprecedented access to resources that offer relatable and insightful material for your study. You can do hours of biblical research with the simple click of a mouse. With powerful searching by topic or Bible passage, instantly viewable Scripture references, a vast library of resources, and much more, Logos is the perfect software to expand your understanding of world religions.
- Presents an introduction to various world religions: Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, and Native American faiths
- Analyzes each religion’s history, beliefs, and practices
- Provides practical advice for ministering to practitioners of different religions
- The Dialogue Comes of Age: Christian Encounters with Other Traditions edited by John B. Cobb Jr. and Ward M. McAfee
- The Emergence of Islam: Classical Traditions in Contemporary Perspective by Gabriel Said Reynolds
- Title: Augsburg Fortress World Religions Collection
- Publisher: Augsburg Fortress
- Volumes: 2
- Pages: 490