The Arrogant Journey provides an overview of hermeneutics and nearly two thousand years’ worth of church history. The first part explores how God’s Word has been interpreted from Adam’s time until now. Part two contains a church history from the first century to the present, covering such events as the Christian persecution, rise of Islam, Crusades, Great Schism, Protestant Reformation, Age of Enlightenment, and French Revolution.
Discover how various secular and religious philosophies have impacted the church. The Arrogant Journey illustrates how, throughout history, God has continued to call his faithful followers to rely on the Bible as their sole authority.
Logos Bible Software dramatically improves the value of this resource by enabling you to find what you’re looking for instantly and with remarkable precision. You can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, pastors, and theologians have to say, making this volume ideal for studying hermeneutics and church history.
- Provides insight on Old Testament, New Testament, and postapostolic hermeneutics
- Contains a brief church history
- Includes chapter study questions
- Introduction to Hermeneutics
- History of Old Testament Hermeneutics
- History of New Testament Hermeneutics
- History of Post-Apostolic Hermeneutics
- Conclusions Regarding Hermeneutics
- Introduction to Church History
- Apostolic Christianity
- Christianity under Roman Persecution
- Church in Union with the Roman Empire
- Medieval Christianity
- Medieval Papal Brute Force
- The Decay of Medieval Catholicism
- Reformation and Counter-Reformation
- Enlightenment and Revolution
- Great Sin, Revival, and Restoration
- Title: The Arrogant Journey: Hermeneutics and Church History
- Author: Victor Vadney
- Publisher: Desert Willow Publishing
- Publication Date: 2012
- Pages: 305
About Victor Vadney
Victor Vadney is a deacon at Oldham Lane Church of Christ in Abilene, Texas.