IVP New Testament Studies Collection (15 vols.)
by 9 authors Flemming, Dean, Patzia, Arthur G., Helyer, Larry R., Jeffers, James S., Erickson, Richard J., Witherington, Ben, III, deSilva, David A., Barnett, Paul, Marshall, I. Howard
IVP, IVP Academic, Apollos 1999–2011
The IVP New Testament Studies Collection (15 vols.) is designed to address the quest for the historical Jesus and examine the early church in its social, cultural, historical, and religious context. This series offers an amazing glimpse into the lives of the first Christian believers by surveying key events, movements, ideas, and individuals of the New Testament era. It reveals the living diversity of cultures, perspectives, and practices among the first Christians and explores the expansion and growth, life and practices, leadership, and worship of the early church.
This collection also examines the evidence that the New Testament and other relevant historical records contain. The IVP New Testament Studies Collection (15 vols.) offers mature thoughts of some of the finest contemporary evangelical New Testament scholars. These authors, each with their own interpretive approach, help readers assess the contemporary relevance of the ancient texts. They tackle tough questions skeptics often ask and present seasoned and trustworthy insights. The biblical theology that is presented is comprehensive, clear, and readable. The IVP New Testament Studies Collection (15 vols.) provides a great foundation for those seeking to understand the importance and relevance of the gospel and early church in the twenty-first century.
With the Logos Bible Software edition of the IVP New Testament Studies Collection (15 vols.) the reader has an abundance of resources that offer applicable and insightful material for their study. You can easily search the subject of unity and access an assortment of useful resources and perspectives from a variety of pastors and theologians.
Already own New Testament Theology and Introduction to the New Testament? Consider purchasing the The IVP New Testament Studies Collection: Compact Edition.
- Contains insights from various New Testament scholars
- Includes glossaries, indexes, bibliographies, maps, photos, and other helpful resources
- Addresses questions skeptics have asked
- Shows the relevance of the New Testament in our lives today
- A Beginner’s Guide to New Testament Exegesis: Taking the Fear Out of Critical Method
- Contextualization in the New Testament
- The Emergence of the Church: Context, Growth, Leadership, and Worship
- Exploring Jewish Literature of the Second Temple Period: A Guide for New Testament Studies
- The Greco-Roman World of the New Testament Era
- The Indelible Image: The Theological and Ethical Thought World of the New Testament, Vol. 1
- The Indelible Image: The Theological and Ethical Thought World of the New Testament, Vol. 2
- An Introduction to the New Testament
- Is the New Testament Reliable?
- Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians, Vol. 1: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Titus, 1–2 Timothy and 1–3 John
- Letters and Homilies for Jewish Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Hebrews, James and Jude
- Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians, Vol. 2: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on 1–2 Peter
- The Making of the New Testament: Origin, Collection, Text, and Canon
- New Testament Theology: Many Witnesses, One Gospel
- The Witness of Jesus, Paul and John: An Exploration in Biblical Theology
- Title: IVP New Testament Studies Collection
- Publisher: IVP
- Volumes: 15
- Pages: 7,813