Classic Studies in Methodist Polity and Organization (6 vols.)•
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
Enter into the discussion of early Methodist esslesiology through the Classic Studies in Methodist Polity and Organization collection—six volumes of penetrating insight into the origin and early controversies surrounding Methodist ecclesiology. Grounded in the work of the early church fathers, the English reformers, and the work of John Wesley, Thomas Coke, and Francis Asbury, these volumes and essays provide a deeply historical study of ecclesiology and episcopality. Especially for anyone interested in applying these historical dimensions to modern conversations, Classic Studies in Methodist Polity and Organization is a glimpse into the past that will help guide the church of the future.
In the Logos editions, these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Studies the early ecclesiology and episcopality of the Methodist church
- Provides a glimpse into the early ideas of the structure of Methodism
- Explores the theological minds of several early Methodist bishops
- The Constitution of the Methodist Episcopal Church, and the Constitutions and Charters of the Several Organizations Authorized by the General Conference
- The Organic Union of American Methodism by Stephen M. Merrill
- An Original Church of Christ: or, A Scriptural Vindication of the Orders and Powers of the Ministry of the Methodist Episcopal Church by Nathan Bangs
- Ecclesiastical Polity: Its Forms and Philosophy by A.N. Fillmore
- The History and Mystery of Methodist Episcopacy by Alexander M’Caine
- A Defence of "Our Fathers," and of the Original Organization of the Methodist Episcopal Church by John Emory