Whether you’re a pastor, a student, or simply a lover of the Bible, this book helps you get more out of God’s Word by revealing the original meanings of key biblical words. The reader-friendly, narrative style makes it easy to explore the Hebrew and Greek words that lie behind the English words. You’ll discover significant shades of meaning and nuances that bring depth to your understanding of Scripture.
- Thorough coverage of both Old and New Testaments gives you a firm grasp of the entire Bible.
- Top evangelical scholarship ensures current insights into the meanings of words.
- Biblical concepts are fully discussed, providing you not only with understanding, but also, where appropriate, with practical and devotional insights you can apply to your life.
- Entry words are taken from the NIV and the NASB—respectively, the best-selling contemporary translation and today’s most literal word-for-word translation.
- Major KJV terms are cross-referenced to broaden your understanding of translational nuances and distinctions.
- Four indexes include: Hebrew words, Greek words, Scripture references, and topical index.
Praise for the Print Edition
Exceptional value. . . . Clear, precise, and balanced.
—James Montgomery Boice, Pastor, Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia
A milestone in Bible study aids.
—Jerry E. White, Executive Director, The Navigators
- Title: New International Encyclopedia of Bible Words
- Author: Lawrence O. Richards
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pages: 736
About Lawrence Richards
Lawrence O. Richards is currently a full time author and speaker. He has written over 200 Christian books, including commentaries on every book of the Bible and the best-selling Adventure Bible and Teen Study Bible.