Thomas Schreiner explains the interplay between Christianity and biblical law in this excellent addition to the 40 Questions & Answers series. Schreiner not only coherently answers the tough questions that flow from a discussion about Levitical law, but also engages students in a clear style.
Questions include . . .
- What does the word “law” mean in the Bible?
- Was the Mosaic covenant legalistic?
- Does the Old Testament teach salvation by works?
- Does Paul teach that the Levitical law is abolished?
- Does Paul’s teaching on justification contradict Jesus’ message?
- Do James and Paul contradict one another?
- What is theonomy?
In the Logos edition, this volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Save more when you purchase this book as part of the 40 Questions and Answers Series.
- Explains the interplay between Christianity and biblical law
- Answers tough questions about Levitical law
- Equips pastors to answer common questions about the Bible and theology
Praise for the Print Edition
This book is an instant classic that deserves a wide readership.
—A. Andrews Das, distinguished chair of religious studies, Elmhurst College
About Thomas R. Schreiner
Thomas R. Schreiner is James Buchanan Harrison Professor of New Testament Interpretation at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. Schreiner is a Pauline scholar and the author or editor of numerous books, including the Zondervan Commentary on the New Testament: Galatians, the New American Commentary: 1, 2 Peter, and Jude, and the Baker Exegetical Commentary on Romans.