What Is a Healthy Church Member? biblically and practically instructs church members in ways they can labor for the health of their church. Following the theme of Mark Dever’s book What Is a Healthy Church?, pastor Thabiti Anyabwile attempts to answer the next natural question: “What does a healthy church member look like in the light of Scripture?”
God intends for us to play an active and vital part in the body of Christ, the local church. He wants us to experience the local church as a home more profoundly wonderful and meaningful than any other place on earth. He intends for his churches to be healthy places and for the members of those churches to be healthy as well. This book explains how membership in the local church can produce spiritual growth in its members and how each member can contribute to the growth and health of the whole.
In the Logos edition, this volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Save more when you purchase this book as part of the 9Marks Series.
- Examines what a healthy church member should look like in the light of Scripture
- Explains how membership in the local church can produce spiritual growth in its members
- Explores how each member can contribute to the growth and health of the whole
- A Healthy Church Member Is an Expositional Listener
- A Healthy Church Member Is a Biblical Theologian
- A Healthy Church Member Is Gospel Saturated
- A Healthy Church Member Is Genuinely Converted
- A Healthy Church Member Is a Biblical Evangelist
- A Healthy Church Member Is a Committed Member
- A Healthy Church Member Seeks Discipline
- A Healthy Church Member Is a Growing Disciple
- A Healthy Church Member Is a Humble Follower
- A Healthy Church Member Is a Prayer Warrior
Praise for the Print Edition
In an era when Christians seem confused about what kind of community the church ought to be, here’s a helpful handbook outlining the church’s true biblical priorities, especially as they apply to individual church members.
—John MacArthur, pastor, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California
Given the state of so many of our churches today, this book arrives not a moment too soon.
—R. Albert Mohler Jr., president and Joseph Emerson Brown Professor of Christian Theology, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
About Thabiti M. Anyabwile
Thabiti M. Anyabwile is senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman and the author of numerous books, including Holy, Holy, Holy: Proclaiming the Perfections of God and The Faithful Preacher. He serves as a council member with the Gospel Coalition, is a lead writer for 9Marks Ministries, and regularly blogs at Pure Church, hosted by the Gospel Coalition.