Gain confidence to share and defend your faith with this course from apologist, author, and pastor Dr. Bobby Conway. Examine the biblical definitions for “evangelism” and “apologetics” so you can live out the Great Commission in your home, workplace, and community. Acquire useful and proven strategies to overcome the most common challenges, such as facing your fears and answering hard questions. Simplify your outreach program and engage your culture biblically with Dr. Conway’s five-part approach to evangelism. Whether you desire to do more personal evangelism and apologetics, or whether you desire to equip others for the ministry, Dr. Conway provides the instruction you need.
Bobby Conway, founder and host of The One Minute Apologist, has taught thousands of people how to address common questions about the Christian faith. His years of experience as a lead pastor are distilled in this Mobile Ed course.
Upon successful completion you should be able to:
- Explain the urgency of evangelism
- Discuss the biblical foundations of evangelism
- Identify the five elements of the REACH acrostic and discuss their importance
- Summarize the responses to significant questions that surround evangelism
Unit 1: The Urgency of Evangelism
- The Reality of Hell
- Examining Jesus’ Teaching on Hell
- The Reality of Death
- Approaching Your Culture
- Evangelism for the Glory of God
- The Fivefold Purpose of the Course: Purpose #1
- The Fivefold Purpose of the Course: Purposes #2–5
- Unit 1 Quiz
Unit 2: The Foundations of Evangelism
- Defining Evangelism
- Using Morphology Searching to Find People Who Evangelized in the New Testament
- Motivations for Evangelism
- The Hopelessness of Christless Culture
- Researching Families in the Biblical World with the Topic Guide
- Responding to a Christless Culture
- The Benefits of Evangelism, Part 1
- The Benefits of Evangelism, Part 2
- Unit 2 Quiz
- The Importance of Prayer
- What to Pray
- Prayer and Spiritual Blindness
- Prayer, Opportunities, and Wisdom
- Unit 3 Quiz
- Defining Apologetics
- The Importance of Apologetics
- Finding All Uses of Prototokos in the Bible with the Bible Word Study Guide
- Apologetics, Confidence, and Removing Obstacles
- Apologetics and Doubt
- Jesus’ Response to Doubt
- Developing an Apologetic Bent
- Engaging the Culture
- Unit 4 Quiz
- Midterm Exam
- Culture and Evangelism
- Awareness and Acceptance of Nonbelievers
- Surveying Jesus’ Interaction with Tax Collectors with the Factbook
- Four Ways to Connect
- Making a Strangerhood a Neighborhood
- Stages for ASSESSing Spirituality
- Using Gospel Harmonies to Compare Accounts of Jesus’ Crucifixion
- Unit 5 Quiz
- Types of Storytelling
- How to Share Your Story
- Four Components of Your Story
- Sharing Your Story: An Example
- Leading People to Christ
- Unit 6 Quiz
- Local Church
- Creating and Sharing Bible Reading Plans
- Bible Reading
- Unit 7 Quiz
- What Is the Role of the Holy Spirit?
- What Is the Role of Holiness?
- Using Grammatical Relationships to Examine Holiness in the New Testament
- What Is the Role of Spiritual Warfare?
- What Is the Role of John 14:6 in a Pluralistic Culture?
- What Is the Role of Fear?
- What Is the Role of Story?
- What Is the Role of Marriage and Family?
- Unit 8 Quiz
- Final Exam
Unit 3: Rely on God through Prayer
Unit 4: Equip Yourself to Defend the Faith
Unit 5: Accept Responsibility to Build Relationships
Unit 6: Clearly Share Your Story
Unit 7: Help Them Connect to Christ’s Community
Unit 8: Questions Surrounding Evangelism
About Bobby Conway
Dr. Bobby Conway is a pastor, apologist, and author who addresses life’s big questions as they relate to everyday issues and the Scriptures. Dr. Conway earned his master’s of theology from Dallas Theological Seminary, his doctorate of ministry in apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary, and is currently a PhD candidate in philosophy of religion at the University of Birmingham in England.
Through the popular video series The One Minute Apologist, Dr. Conway offers quick, credible answers to apologetic questions in order to help Christians defend their faith. He is the author of Hell, Rob Bell, What Happens When People Die, The Fifth Gospel, and the upcoming Doubting Toward Faith (publishes September 2015 with Harvest House). He’s also the lead pastor of Life Fellowship in Charlotte, North Carolina, and a sought-after speaker.
Getting the most out of Mobile Ed
Mobile Ed’s integration with Logos Bible Software creates an unparalleled learning environment. Lectures are fully searchable and linked to the rest of your library. We transcribe every word so you can focus on adding your own reflections as you watch and read along. Suggested readings open with a click, and video tutorials show you how to use Logos to research your topic even further.
With any Logos base package, you will be able to view the lectures and interact with the transcripts. For the best learning experience, we recommend Logos Platinum.
- Readings for the courses are often tailored to Platinum because the larger library provides access to a wide range of suggested resources and increases search results for further study.
- The Platinum collection best matches the resources used in video tutorials. It includes a breadth of commentaries, original-language studies, and over 1,400 resources to deepen your study.