This volume reawakens Christians to the significance of Jesus being a real person who died on a cross. Noted biblical scholar, revered teacher, and graceful author Wilfrid J. Harrington writes movingly and with profound insight about Jesus as a human being. Harrington describes the life of Jesus, his concerns for the poor and oppressed, his traits of compassion and forgiveness, the rejection that he suffered, and the “Triumph of Failure” that the theology of the cross embodies.
With Logos Bible Software, this valuable volume is enhanced with cutting-edge research tools. Scripture citations appear on mouseover in your preferred English translation. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful topical searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Teaches about the humanity of Jesus by examining his life and personality
- Reconciles prodigious elements of Christology with the vulnerability of Jesus on the cross
- Opens a window into the heart of Christianity through the humanity of Jesus
- Jesus of Nazareth: Life
- Jesus of Nazareth: Concerns
- Jesus of Nazareth: Traits
- Jesus of Nazareth: Reaction
- Jesus of Nazareth: Triumph of Failure
About Wilfrid J. Harrington
Wilfrid J. Harrington is an Irish Dominican priest. He studied theology in Rome and biblical studies in Jerusalem, and currently teaches Scriptures at the Priory Institute, at the Church of Ireland Theological College, and at Milltown Institute of Theology and Philosophy, all of which are in Dublin. He is the author of Reading Mark for the First Time.