Michael Heiser’s new book, The Unseen Realm is here! Discover what it means to read the Bible in an ancient Hebrew context—just as the biblical authors intended! Learn more about this book and how you can order it here.
The Bible is filled with passages that are so baffling we tend to ignore them. Yet the passages that seem weird might be the most important. This collection of essays from Bible Study Magazine will shock you, intrigue you, and completely change the way you view the Bible. Dr. Michael S. Heiser visits some of the Bible’s most obscure passages, unveiling their ancient context to help you interpret them today. Read this book, and you’ll never be bored by the Bible again.
In the Logos edition, this valuable volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Answers the Bible’s most perplexing questions
- Brings the Bible alive for new and seasoned Christians
- Highlights significant Scripture details that are often overlooked
- Connects you to the place and time of Bible writers
- Part One: Old Testament
- The Ancient’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Walk Like an Israelite
- Even the Bible Needed Upgrading
- Spellchecking the Bible
- Why Circumcision?
- The Abandoned Child and the Basket Case
- A Tale of Courage We Never Teach
- Counting the Ten Commandments
- Is There Really a Sin Offering?
- There’s a Devil in the Details
- Love Potion: Numbers 5
- Is My Bible Right?
- The Most Horrific Bible Story
- Righting a Wrong
- When Giants Walked the Earth
- The Divine Arrow
- Promise Undelivered?
- Sanctified Dirt
- 1003 BC Census: Who Authorized It—God or Satan?
- Cookin’ the Book
- Slaying the Sea Monster
- Does God Need a Co-Signer? The Witness in the Clouds
- Who Wrote the Book of Proverbs?
- Immanuel’s Mother: Virgin or Not?
- Standing in the Council
- Jeremiah: Double Vision?
- Why the Ark of the Covenant Will Never Be Found
- He, Him, Me, Myself, and I
- Bizarre Visions for the Worst of Times
- Do the Dead Sea Scrolls Answer the Canon Question?
- Part Two: New Testament
- Burying Hell
- My Guardian Angel
- The New Testament Misquotes the Old Testament?
- “I Saw Satan Fall like Lightning”: When?
- The Healing Serpent
- Who Took Verse 4 out of My Bible?
- What Walking on Water Really Means
- Born Again . . . and Again and Again?
- Dumbledore Meets Philip & Peter
- Paul’s Lost Letters
- Destiny & Destination
- A Female Apostle
- Signed, Sealed, and Delivered—to Satan?
- Treason & Translation
- Charlton Heston Had Company
- When Abraham Met Jesus
- How Many Times Is Jesus Coming Back?
- What’s Jesus Waiting For?
- God’s Right-Hand Woman? Wisdom in Hebrews 1
- Baptism as Spiritual Warfare
- Jesus Is God: Jude and Peter Tell Me So
- When Angels Do Time
- Tough Love
- Jesus, God, a.k.a., The Name
- 666: What Theories Add Up?
- Perspective Changes Everything
- Constantine, Conspiracy, and the Canon
- Title: I Dare You Not to Bore Me with the Bible
- Author: Michael S. Heiser
- Publisher: Lexham Press
- Publication Date: 2014
- Pages: 218
About Michael S. Heiser
Michael S. Heiser is the academic editor for Logos Bible Software, Bible Study Magazine, and Faithlife Study Bible. He is the coeditor of Old Testament Greek Pseudepigrapha with Morphology and Semitic Inscriptions: Analyzed Texts and English Translations; he is also the Hebrew instructor for Learn to Use Hebrew for Logos Bible Software. He earned his PhD in Hebrew Bible and Semitic languages and holds and MA in ancient history and Hebrew studies. In addition, he was named the 2007 Pacific Northwest Regional Scholar by the Society of Biblical Literature.