Select Works of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (6 vols.)•
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
Acquaint yourself with the creator of Dr. Frankenstein and his famous monster.
With the Select Works of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, unearth the brilliance of Shelley’s fiction—explore her masterpiece, Frankenstein, and the apocalyptic The Last Man. You can also get inside her progressive thought and theory with a two-volume biography, which includes selections of her correspondence.
Despite her talent, Mary Shelley was long overshadowed by the string of writers and intellectuals connected to her. She was the daughter of feminist writer Mary Wollstonecraft and political philosopher William Godwin, the wife of poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, and a close friend of Lord Byron. Enmeshed in such legacies, recognition of her achievements was largely limited to her efforts to publish her husband’s work. However since the 1970s, scholars have paid increasing attention to her own work. Her writing stands on its own—insightful, experimental, and poignant as it deals in themes of philosophical inquiry, the limitations of our humanity, and the order of the universe. Mary Shelley is essential reading for any student of literature, philosophy, or history.
The Logos editions of these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Study Shelley’s texts alongside a library of classic literature and philosophy. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take your study with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Features the literary classic, Frankenstein
- Includes Shelley’s lesser-known apocalyptic novel, The Last Man
- Offers a two-volume biography and selections of her correspondence
- Provides a framework for exploring the genius of Mary Shelley
- Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley
- The Last Man, vol. 1 by Mary Shelley
- The Last Man, vol. 2 by Mary Shelley
- The Last Man, vol. 3 by Mary Shelley
- The Life and Letters of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, vol. 1 by Florence Ashton Marshall
- The Life and Letters of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, vol. 2 by Florence Ashton Marshall
- Title: Select Works of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Authors: Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley and Florence Ashton Marshall
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 2,094
About Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Mary Shelley (1797–1851) was a British writer of novels, essays, short-stories, biography, and drama. She is best known for her masterpiece, the novel Frankenstein, and for editing and promoting the works of her husband, Percy Bysshe Shelley.