Though the church has produced many important theologians and thinkers, St. Augustine stands in a class with few others. Containing his most important theological treatises, practical works, and biblical commentaries, this collection provides readers with the essence of Augustine’s thought, ideas that have shaped and defined Christian life, theology, and ministry, for more than 15 centuries.
The Logos editions of these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality and features. Citations link directly to English translations and original-language texts, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. The Topic Guide lets you perform powerful searches to instantly gather relevant biblical texts and resources. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Looking for more from the Ancient Christian Writers series? Check out the Ancient Christian Writers Bundle (65 vols.).
- Includes an assortment Augustine’s essential works
- Provides works from multiple genres including theology, philosophy, and biblical studies
- Emphasizes Augustine’s educational theories and ministerial practices
- St. Augustine on Faith and Works translated by Gregory J. Lombardo
- St. Augustine on the Psalms, vol. 1 translated by Felicitas Corrigan and Scholastica Hebgin
- St. Augustine on the Psalms, vol. 2 translated by Felicitas Corrigan and Scholastica Hebgin
- St. Augustine: Literal Meaning of Genesis, vol. 1 translated by John Hammond Taylor
- St. Augustine: Literal Meaning of Genesis, vol. 2 translated by John Hammond Taylor
- St. Augustine: Against the Academics translated by John J. O’Meara
- St. Augustine: Faith, Hope, and Charity translated by Louis A. Arand
- St. Augustine: Sermons for Christmas and Epiphany translated by Thomas Comerford Lawler
- St. Augustine: The First Catechetical Instruction translated by Joseph P. Christopher
- St. Augustine: The Greatness of the Soul, the Teacher translated by Joseph M. Colleran
- St. Augustine: The Lord’s Sermon on the Mount translated by John J. Jepson
- St. Augustine: The Problem of Free Choice translated by Dom Mark Pontifex
- Title: Ancient Christian Writers: St. Augustine Collection
- Author: St. Augustine
- Series: Ancient Christian Writers
- Publisher: Paulist Press
- Volumes: 12
- Pages: 3,131