Classic Surveys on the History of Philosophy (5 vols.)•
Longmans, Green, and Co., Charles Scribner’s Sons 1871–1903
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
Classic Surveys on the History of Philosophy provides an excellent foundation for any student of Western thought. Many of these volumes were used as the standard textbooks in their time. Written by some of the greatest nineteenth-century authorities on philosophy, these works give you a solid background in the discipline’s core concepts and history.
With Logos Bible Software, these valuable volumes are enhanced by cutting-edge research tools. Scripture citations appear on mouseover in your preferred English translation. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful topical searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Provides comprehensive overview of the history of philosophy through the nineteenth century
- Contains clear and concise narratives of the various eras of philosophy and the perspectives of influential philosophers
- Especially well adapted for students
- The History of Philosophy, vol. 1: Ancient Philosophy by George Henry Lewes
- The History of Philosophy, vol. 2: Modern Philosophy by George Henry Lewes
- History of Philosophy: From Thales to the Present Time, vol. I: History of Ancient and Mediaeval Philosophy by Friedrich Ueberweg
- History of Philosophy: From Thales to the Present Time, vol. II: History of Modern Philosophy by Friedrich Ueberweg
- History of Philosophy by Alfred Weber
- Title: Classic Surveys on the History of Philosophy
- Volumes: 5
- Pages: 2,861