Do you feel like your prayer life is stagnant? Like you’re saying the same things to God that you did when you first started praying? Just as young children slowly learn to communicate in more and more complex ways, so Christians should move from simply crying out to God to a mature, developed prayer life. The basic elements found in the Lord’s Prayer are a helpful guide to believers hoping to enrich their prayers.
In On Earth as It Is in Heaven, beloved teacher and writer Warren W. Wiersbe explains and applies the elements of the Lord’s Prayer so you can reach new levels of maturity in your own personal prayer life.
In the Logos edition, On Earth as It Is in Heaven is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Explains and examines elements of the Lord’s Prayer
- Encourages growth in personal prayer life
- Discusses the example given by the Lord’s Prayer and it’s relevance in daily prayer life
- Measuring a Miracle
- Relationship I: “Our Father in heaven”
- Relationship II: “Our Father in heaven”
- Worship: “Hallowed be your name”
- Citizenship: “Your kingdom come”
- Partnership: “Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”
- Stewardship: “Give us today our daily bread”
- Fellowship: “Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors”
- Discipleship I: “Lead us not into temptation”
- Discipleship II: “Deliver us from the evil one”
- Benediction: “For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”
Wiersbe shows how the language of the Lord’s Prayer is applicable not only to Christians’ prayer lives, but also to the rest of our lives as well. This book is organized by phrases in the Lord’s Prayer, which adds structure and helps explanations flow smoothly. One of the best features of this book is the plentiful amount of biblical references Bible teacher Wiersbe uses to support his points. Readers will appreciate the brevity and clarity of his writing style. . . . An insightful study of one of the most quoted passages in the Bible. I highly recommend it.
- Title: On Earth as It Is in Heaven: How the Lord’s Prayer Teaches Us to Pray More Effectively
- Authors: Warren W. Wiersbe
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 160
About Warren W. Wiersbe
Warren W. Wiersbe, the “pastor’s pastor,” is a noted scholar and theologian. He is the author or editor of more than 160 books; he is most-known for his popular “Be” Series. Wiersbe has served as a director of The Literature Division for Youth for Christ International; speaker on the Songs in the Night radio program; professor of practical theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School; chairman of the board of the Slavic Gospel Association; writer in residence at Cornerstone University; and distinguished professor of preaching at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. Today his primary ministry is serving others through writing.