Justification. Regeneration. Redemption. Sanctification. Mediation. Only when you understand these key words of the Bible will you be able to live out what they teach. These “doctrinal words” help you know what a Christian is, what Christ has done for you, and what he wants to do for you.
Key Words of the Christian Life de-mystifies words and concepts like adoption into the family of God and intercession. Each chapter focuses on a New Testament word or phrase that has important meaning for your life and faith. Respected author Warren Wiersbe gives easy-to-grasp explanations of each word’s theological meaning, along with practical application.
In the Logos edition, Key Words of the Christian Life is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Examines key words found in the Bible
- Focuses on New Testament concepts critical to Christian living
- Encourages the reader in day-to-day life
- Provides theological meaning and practical application for each word
- The Power of Bible Words
- The Meaning and Method of Justification
- The Marks of Justification
- Adoption into the Family of God
- Regeneration: The New Birth
- Propitiation: Satisfaction of God’s Holiness
- Imputation: God Credits Our Account
- Sanctification: Holiness and Obedience
- Reconciliation: “Bring Us Together”
- Redemption: Set Free from Bondage
- Intercession: Caring and Praying
- Mediation: Settling Enmity
- Formed: The Believer’s History
- Predestination: God’s Plan for His Own
- Glorification: Completion of God’s Plan
- Title: Key Words of the Christian Life: Understanding and Applying Their Meanings
- Authors: Warren W. Wiersbe
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 2002
- Pages: 128
About Warren W. Wiersbe
Warren W. Wiersbe, the “pastor’s pastor,” is a noted scholar and theologian. He is the author or editor of more than 160 books; he is most-known for his popular “Be” Series. Wiersbe has served as a director of The Literature Division for Youth for Christ International; speaker on the Songs in the Night radio program; professor of practical theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School; chairman of the board of the Slavic Gospel Association; writer in residence at Cornerstone University; and distinguished professor of preaching at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. Today his primary ministry is serving others through writing.