Studies in Slavic Church History (5 vols.)•
SPCK, Archibald Constable and Co., J. Masters & Co. 1854–1920
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
As Orthodox churches are traditionally “national” churches, the history of a nation is closely related to the history of Christianity and the church. With the Studies in Slavic Church History collection, you’ll find important volumes offering a comprehensive introduction to the intertwining histories of Russia and the Russian church. This collection includes Reginald Bigg-Wither’s accessible text on the history of the church in Russia, as well as A. R. Ephimenko’s overview of Russia’s complex history. You can also learn about the spread of Christianity in G. F. Maclear’s text, The Slavs: Conversion of the West, as well as reform in Russia with noted historian Bernard Pares’ Russia and Reform. This collection also includes a study of the lives of three eminent Russian prelates: Nikon, sixth Patriarch of Moscow; Saint Demetrius, Metropolitan of Rostov; and Michael, Metropolitan of Novgorod and St. Petersburg.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Provides an overview of the history of the Russian church
- Includes Bernard Pares’ early twentieth-century study of reform in Russia
- Offers a study of the lives of three important Russian prelates
- A Short History of the Church of Russia: Its Teaching and Its Worship by Reginald F. Bigg-Wither
- A Short History of Russia by A. R. Ephimenko
- Russia and Reform by Bernard Pares
- Lives of Eminent Russian Prelates by R. W. Blackmore and Robinson Thornton
- The Slavs: Conversion of the West by G. F. Maclear
- Title: Studies in Slavic Church History
- Volumes: 5
- Pages: 1,310