The Science & Theology Collection traces the implications of scientific inquiry into God’s universe. The nine volumes offered examine many controversial matters within the sciences, while acknowledging God’s providence over creation. These include the ethical and moral aspects of environmental issues, biotechnology, human understanding and anthropology (to name only a few). Renowned scholars from a variety of backgrounds helm each title, endowing the collection with voices from biology, ecology, theology, and other disciplines. The collection presents knowledgeable and approachable answers to the questions that arise when the sciences inform our understanding of Scripture, and when God’s Truth informs our understanding of the sciences.
Of special note among the volumes in the Science & Theology Collection are three titles by preeminent Reformed theologian Thomas F. Torrance, whom David F. Ford deemed “one of the most remarkable theological minds of the century.” Torrance’s contributions to this collection include works on the incarnation, the contingent nature of the universe, and an Einsteinian answer to the question of reconciliation between the sciences and religion.
Few would deny the tension that exists between the worlds of religion and science. In the current scientific climate, with divisive enterprises such as the Human Genome Project ever-tightening their grip on the world’s attention, a comprehensive understanding of science’s relationship to religion is more necessary than ever. The Science & Theology Collection offers a firm foothold for an important issue.
- Discusses many controversial matters within the sciences
- Provides answers to questions on science's relationship with religion
- Authors include renowned scholars from a variety of backgrounds
- The Ground and Grammar of Theology
- Space, Time and Incarnation
- Divine and Contingent Order
- Anthropology in Theological Perspective
- Creation Through Wisdom: Theology and the New Biology
- Title: Science & Theology Collection (9 vols.)
- Publisher: T&T Clark
- Volumes: 9
- Pages: 2,564