Deviations from the truth of the Gospel are more than a rare occurrence. Out of his own growing concern over the matter, Robert Anderson created a set of lectures with the aim of preaching solid biblical truth from the book of Romans. A Practical Exposition of St. Paul’s Epistle to the Romans is the culmination of talks Anderson gave as he preached straight through Romans during a lecture series at Trinity Chapel in Brighton.
In the Logos edition, A Practical Exposition of St. Paul’s Epistle to the Romans is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Contains a compilation of a series of lectures
- Includes ample exposition on key concepts found in Romans
- Breaks the book of Romans into four distinct sections
- Provides an extensive outline
- St. Paul’s Salutation to the Christians at Rome
- St. Paul, After Strongly Expressing His Affection for the Roman Converts Declares “What His Gospel Is, and the Righteousness Which It Showeth”
- God’s Wrath Against All Manner of Sin; and an Awful Description of the Gentile World
- They Who Judge Others Condemn Themselves. “No Respect of Persons with God”
- The Law Written in Men’s Hearts; and the Voice of Conscience
- St. Paul Applies His Reasoning to the Jews
- Objections Proposed and Answered
- The Scripture Declared that Jews, as Well as the Gentiles, Are All under Sin
- Man Justified by the Righteousness of God Through Faith
- Justification by Faith Proved through the Example of Abraham, and the Words of David
- Abraham Justified before Circumcision, That He Might Be the Father of All Believers. The Nature and Strength of Abraham’s Faith
- Faith Imputed for Righteousness, Not to Abraham Only, but to All Who Believe in Jesus, as Delivered for Their Offences, and Raised Again for Their Justification
- They Who Are Justified by Faith, Have Peace with God, and Rejoice in a Hope Which Maketh Not Ashamed
- If Reconciled, When Enemies, by the Blood of Christ, Much More Shall We Be Saved, Being Reconciled
- Jesus Christ a More Abundant Fountain of Grace than Adam of Sin
- Argument for a Life of Holiness, from the Consideration of the Sacrament of Baptism
- The Subject of Christian Holiness Illustrated and Enforced by the Figure of the Marriage Bond
- The Law Is Not Sin; But Sin, by the Commandment, Which Is Holy, Just, and Good, Becomes Exceeding Sinful
- The Believer Grieved Because He Cannot Keep the Law
- And Many More...
- Title: A Practical Exposition of St. Paul’s Epistle to the Romans
- Author: Robert Anderson
- Publisher: J. Hatchard & Son
- Publication Date: 1837
- Pages: 485
About Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson, curate of Trinity Chapel in Brightain, was also chaplain to the Lord Hill and Lord Teinmouth. The biblical studies of this nineteenth century theologian are insightful and lucid.