Select Gifford Lectures Delivered at Glasgow (17 vols.)•
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you’d pay. If the final price is lower, that’s what you’ll pay.
- Projected price
Scottish judge Adam Gifford believed that the active knowledge of God engenders humanity’s well-being. Thus, in his 1885 will, he bequeathed £80,000 to four Scottish universities—Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, and St. Andrews—for the establishment of a lecture series dealing with natural theology. For over a century, the Gifford Lecture Series has featured the most prestigious theologians, ethicists, philosophers, and scientists, presenting premier research and insightful perspectives on the value of natural theology. Philosopher Jacques Barzun described the Gifford Lectures as “the highest honor in a philosopher’s career.”
This Collection contains 17 volumes of selected lectures from the University of Glasgow’s Gifford Series. The lecturers reflect on topics such as natural, psychological, and physical religion, the relationship between religion and science, and the moral and providential order of the world. Those interested in theology, philosophy, ethics, and science will find this collection a valuable addition to their digital library.
In the Logos editions, these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Interested in reading more works from the Gifford Lectures series? Check out Select Gifford Lectures Delivered at Aberdeen (13 vols.) and Select Gifford Lectures Delivered at Edinburgh (19 vols.).
- Lectures by prestigious scholars on natural theology
- Discussions of human existence, the nature of the soul, morality, and divinity
- Historical perspectives on important debates in theology, philosophy, and ethics
- Anthropological Religion by F. Max Müller
- Natural Religion, 2nd ed. by F. Max Müller
- Theosophy or Psychological Religion, new ed. by F. Max Müller
- Physical Religion by F. Max Müller
- The Fundamental Ideas of Christianity, vol. 1 by John Caird and Edward Caird
- The Fundamental Ideas of Christianity, vol. 2 by John Caird and Edward Caird
- The Providential Order of the World by Alexander Balmain Bruce
- Lectures and Essays on Natural Theology and Ethics by William Wallace
- The Moral Order of the World by Alexander Balmain Bruce
- The Evolution of Theology in the Greek Philosophers, vol. 1 by Edward Caird
- The Evolution of Theology in the Greek Philosophers, vol. 2 by Edward Caird
- Science and Religion in Contemporary Philosophy by Emile Boutroux
- The Interpretation of Religious Experience, vol. 1 by John Watson
- The Interpretation of Religious Experience, vol. 2 by John Watson
- Theism and Humanism by Arthur James Balfour
- Space, Time, and Deity, vol. 1 by S. Alexander
- Space, Time, and Deity, vol. 2 by S. Alexander
- Title: Select Gifford Lectures Delivered at Glasgow
- Series: Gifford Lectures
- Volumes: 17
- Pages: 7,093