Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
This collection offers substantial orientation to and discussion of key issues at the heart of the Roman Catholic tradition, from the legacies of major theologians to the role of the papacy in the Church. In After Vatican II, James L. Heft analyzes the impact of Vatican II on the trajectory of the Church and introduces readers to the hermeneutical controversies that it has sparked. Karen Kilby’s Balthasar offers an intriguing and notably critical examination of this significant Roman Catholic theologian praised so highly by John Paul II and Benedict XVI. In The Blessed Virgin Mary, Anglican priest Tim Perry and Jesuit priest Daniel Kendall team up to present a readable and informative introduction to the way the Church has viewed the Lord’s mother throughout history. In How Can the Petrine Ministry Be a Service to the Unity of the Universal Church?, editor James Puglisi assembles a transdenominational team of scholars to explore ways that the papacy—the historically dividing feature of the Roman Church—can be used for ecumenical advancement. Erich Przywara’s Analogia Entis presents the doctrine of the analogy between God and creation that is so foundational for theological and philosophical discussion of how finite man can know the transcendent God. And in New Proofs for the Existence of God, philosopher and Catholic Priest Robert J. Spitzer presents exciting discoveries from quantum physics and the philosophy of time with significant theistic implications.
The Logos editions enhance the depth and efficiency of your study with amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to preferred translations and original-language texts. Citations to other works in your library link to the exact page for quick reference. Powerful searches allow you to find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you study on the go. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Offers the best new research and discussion on key doctrines, figures, and ecclesiastic issues in the Roman Catholic Church
- Presents essays on the papacy from Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran, and Reformed scholars
- Provides a survey of the Church’s perspective on Mary from Anglican and Catholic theologians
- Includes Erich Pryzwara’s groundbreaking Analogia Entis
- After Vatican II: Trajectories and Hermeneutics edited by James L. Heft and John O’Malley
- Balthasar: A (Very) Critical Introduction by Karen Kilby
- The Blessed Virgin Mary by Tim Perry and Daniel Kendall
- How Can the Petrine Ministry Be a Service to the Unity of the Universal Church? edited by James Puglisi
- New Proofs for the Existence of God: Contributions of Contemporary Physics and Philosophy by Robert J. Spitzer
- Analogia Entis: Metaphysics: Original Structure and Universal Rhythm by Erich Przywara
Analogia Entis: Metaphysics: Original Structure and Universal Rhythm
- Author: Erich Przywara
- Series: Ressourcement: Retrieval and Renewal in Catholic Thought
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Publication Date: 2013
- Pages: 512
- Title: Eerdmans Catholic Studies Collection
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 1,757