Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
The Eerdmans Orthodox Studies Collection presents three works capturing the spirit of Orthodox Christianity. These volumes offer a survey of the Orthodox Church, its impacts, and its perspectives. The Melody of Faith: Theology in an Orthodox Key explores the fundamental beliefs of Orthodox Christianity through the metaphor of music. In The Witness of Bartholomew I, Ecumenical Patriarch, leading theologians examine Bartholomew I’s influence on the modern ecumenical movement. Johannes M. Oravecz’s God as Love: The Concept and Spiritual Aspects of Agape in Modern Russian Thought studies prominent Russian thinkers’ perspectives on the concept of agape. These volumes provide an accessible overview of the practices of one of the largest Christian denominations. Anyone interested in the traditions and perspectives of the Orthodox Church will appreciate this collection.
The Logos Bible Software edition of the Eerdmans Gospel Studies Collection is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of Orthodox Christianity. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic to find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about Orthodox theology, the modern ecumenical movement, and agape.
- Exploration of Orthodox Christianity’s fundamental beliefs
- Study of Ecumenical Patriarch, Bartholomew I’s influence
- Survey of prominent Russian thinkers’ perspectives on agape
- The Melody of Faith: Theology in an Orthodox Key by Vigen Guroian
- The Witness of Bartholomew I, Ecumenical Patriarch edited by William G. Rusch
- God as Love: The Concept and Spiritual Aspects of Agape in Modern Russian Thought by Johannes M. Oravecz
God as Love: The Concept and Spiritual Aspects of Agape in Modern Russian Thought
- Author: Johannes M. Oravecz
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Publication Date: 2013
- Pages: 528
- Title: Eerdmans Orthodox Studies Collection
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 862