Sexuality in Early Judaism and Christianity Collection (7 vols.)
Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
The Sexuality in Early Judaism and Christianity Collection brings together seven works by William Loader, a leading expert on sexuality in early Judaism and early Christianity. In these volumes, Loader looks to ancient writings—including the works of Josephus, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Gospels—to find their primary perspectives on sexuality and the cultural values of their era. Loader’s insightful study equips you to understand how Christianity’s sacred tradition defines healthy sexuality, and how these past teachings continue to guide us today.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Contains seven works on sexuality in early Judaism and Christianity
- Analyzes past perspectives on healthy sexuality
- Provides applications for modern-day Christian living
- Philo, Josephus, and the Testaments on Sexuality: Attitudes towards Sexuality in the Writings of Philo and Josephus and in the Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs by William Loader
- Making Sense of Sex: Attitudes towards Sexuality in Early Jewish and Christian Literature by William Loader
- The Pseudepigrapha on Sexuality: Attitudes towards Sexuality in Apocalypses, Testaments, Legends, Wisdom, and Related Literature by William Loader
- The Dead Sea Scrolls on Sexuality: Attitudes towards Sexuality in Sectarian and Related Literature at Qumran by William Loader
- Enoch, Levi, and Jubilees on Sexuality: Attitudes towards Sexuality in the Early Enoch Literature, the Aramaic Levi Document, and the Book of Jubilees by William Loader
- The New Testament on Sexuality by William Loader
- Sexuality and the Jesus Tradition by William Loader
- Title: Sexuality in Early Judaism and Christianity Collection
- Author: William Loader
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 2,937
About William Loader
William Loader is professor emeritus of New Testament at Murdoch University, Perth, Australia. In 2010, he completed a five-year Australian Research Council professional fellowship project: Attitudes towards Sexuality in Judaism and Christianity in the Hellenistic Greco-Roman Era. Loader is the author of numerous books, including Sexuality in the New Testament: Understanding the Key Texts