Old Testament Profiles & Commentaries of Cyril J. Barber (14 vols.)
Wipf & Stock 2003–2012
In Old Testament Profiles & Commentaries of Cyril J. Barber (14 vols.), Barber provides accessible commentaries on the books of Exodus, Joshua through Kings, Ezra, and Esther, as well as profiles of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph. Over 30 years of research went into providing valuable cultural insight, consulting significant commentaries on each text, and examining modern applications of the lessons contained within them. Each volume digs through the historical events and discusses the key figures of these ancient texts, connecting them with today’s world. These concise, engaging commentaries will make a useful addition to any digital library, and can be pulled up side-by-side with the biblical books they examine.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- 14 commentaries on books of the Old Testament
- 30 years of biblical research condensed into easily accessible texts
- Contemporary applications for lessons from ancient texts
- Profiles of the Patriarchs, Volume 1: Abraham and Isaac
- Profiles of the Patriarchs, Volume 2: Jacob: How an Unprincipled Person Became a Prince with God
- Profiles of the Patriarchs, Volume 3: Joseph: The Reward of the Righteous
- The Books of Samuel, Volume 1: The Sovereignty of God Illustrated in the Lives of Samuel, Saul, and David
- The Books of Samuel, Volume 2: The Sovereignty of God Illustrated in the Lifes of David
- The Books of Kings, Volume 1: The Righteousness of God Illustrated in the Lives of the People of Israel and Judah
- The Books of Kings, Volume 2: The Righteousness of God Illustrated in the Lives of the People of Israel and Judah
- Nehemiah: An Expositional Commentary
- Moses: God’s Faithful Servant: A Brief Profile
- Joshua: A Devotional Exposition
- Ruth: A Story of God’s Grace: An Expositional Commentary
- Ezra and Esther: A Devotional Commentary
- Judges: A Narrative of God’s Power: An Expositional Commentary
- My Son, Jonah: A Practical Commentary on the Books of Jonah and Nahum
- Title: Old Testament Profiles & Commentaries of Cyril J. Barber
- Authors: Cyril J. Barber and Gary H. Strauss
- Publisher: Wipf & Stock
- Volumes: 14
- Pages: 4,299
About Cyril J. Barber
Cyril J. Barber is pastor emeritus of Plymouth Church in Whittier, California. He is the author of over 30 books, including numerous commentaries, The Minister’s Library, God Has the Answer, Through the Valley of Tears, Introduction to Theological Research, and Vital Encounter.
About Gary H. Strauss
Gary H. Strauss is an associate professor of psychology on the faculty of the Rosemead School of Psychology at Biola University, where he has taught for over 35 years. He is the author of two books and numerous journal articles.