Armchair Theologians Series (13 vols.)
by 15 authors Renick, Timothy M., Cooper, Stephen, Franke, John R., Haynes, Stephen R., Hale, Lori Brandt, Elwood, Christopher, González, Catherine Gunsalus, González, Justo L., Byrd, James P., McDonald, Suzanne, De La Torre, Miguel A., Paulson, Steven D., Burrow, Rufus, Jr., Sunshine, Glenn S., Abraham, William J.
Westminster John Knox 2002–2013
Written by experts but designed for the novice, the Armchair series provides accurate, concise, and witty overviews of some of the most profound moments and theologians in Christian history. From early figures like Aquinas to modern-day greats like Martin Luther King Jr., and The Reformation to Liberation Theology, these books offer an engaging taste of a complex array of events, doctrines, and movements. The Armchair series is an essential supplement for first-time encounters with primary texts, lucid refresher for scholars and clergy, and an enjoyable read for the theologically curious.
The Logos editions allow you to easily connect the Armchair series text with key primary sources from Augustine, Calvin, Luther, and many others. Scripture references appear on mouseover, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your library. You can perform powerful searches by topic, and take the conversation with you on your tablet or phone.
- Provides succinct but intelligent overviews of major theological figures and movements
- Offers knowledge from field experts in a simple and playful presentation
- Features witty illustrations by Ron Hill
- Aquinas for Armchair Theologians by Timothy M. Renick
- Calvin for Armchair Theologians by Christopher Elwood
- Augustine for Armchair Theologians by Stephen A. Cooper
- Luther for Armchair Theologians by Steven Paulson
- The Reformation for Armchair Theologians by Glenn S. Sunshine
- Wesley for Armchair Theologians by William J. Abraham
- Barth for Armchair Theologians by John R. Franke
- Jonathan Edwards for Armchair Theologians by James P. Byrd
- Heretics for Armchair Theologians by Catherine Gunsalus Gonzalez and Justo L. Gonzalez
- Martin Luther King Jr. for Armchair Theologians by Rufus Burrow Jr.
- Bonhoeffer for Armchair Theologians by Stephen R. Haynes and Lori Brandt Hale
- John Knox for Armchair Theologians by Suzanne McDonald
- Liberation Theology for Armchair Theologians by Miguel De La Torre
- Title: Armchair Theologians
- Series: W. J. K. Armchair
- Publisher: Westminster John Knox
- Volumes: 13
- Pages: 2,587