God’s glory is one of the most important concepts in the Bible, yet it remains abstract and ambiguous to most Christians. Can we ever understand such glory?
In The Glory of God: A Biblical Theology, Philippe Viguier examines the eight types of glory described in the Old and New Testaments and presents his findings in an approachable manner that is relevant to daily Christian life. A biblical theology that is both practical and purposeful, The Glory of God offers systematic analysis with exegesis delving into the original Greek and Hebrew. Once God’s glory is biblically expounded and revealed, Viguier says, the Christian can’t mistake the divine call for unity and reflection or the incomparable goodness, beauty, and praise-worthiness of God as king, savior, judge, and creator.
In Logos Bible Software, you can easily research the glory of God or any topic of interest. Footnotes and citations link to resources in your Logos library, allowing you instant access to the source texts for your study. Use the Bible and language dictionaries to gain a deeper understanding of biblical terminology and the nuances of the original languages.
- Analysis of the eight types of glory revealed in the Bible
- An approachable and practical theology of God’s glory
- Discussion of original-language terms, key passages, and theological definitions
- Chapter One: Key Biblical Terms
- Secondary Terms in the Old Testament
- A Concise Definition of Glory
- Chapter Two: Old Testament Key Passage: Exodus 33:12–34:35
- Chapter Three: New Testament Key Passage: John 1:1–18
- Conclusion: How Then Shall We Live?
- Title: The Glory of God: A Biblical Theology
- Author: Philippe P. L. Viguier
- Publisher: Lexham Press
- Publication Date: 2013
- Pages: 99
About the Author
Philippe Paul-Luc Viguier completed his MDiv at The Master’s Seminary in Sun Valley, California. He currently serves as the college pastor at Lake Hills Community Church in Castaic, California.