Early Judaism Collection (5 vols.)
by 5 authors Nickelsburg, George W. E., Henze, Matthias, Stone, Michael Edward, Sanders, E. P., Charlesworth, James H.
Fortress Press 1985–2013
This collection from an all-star team of scholars presents the latest research on Judaism. This collection includes E. P. Sanders’ seminal Jesus and Judaism, which began the revolution in biblical studies that issued in the New Perspectives on Paul and profoundly influenced the work of notable scholars, such as N. T. Wright and James D. G. Dunn. In Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins: Diversity, Continuity, and Transformation, senior scholar George W. E. Nickelsburg assembles leading experts to present an accessible synthesis of the last half century of research born out of the New Perspective view of Second Temple Judaism. 4 Ezra and 2 Baruch: Translations, Introductions, and Notes presents fresh translations of primary texts for a firsthand look at the life and literature of early Judaism at one of its most turbulent times—the end of the Judean War and the destruction of the Temple. Explore these important issues in early Judaism and more with these academic works.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture and ancient-text citations link directly to English translations and original-language texts, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches with the Topic Guide to instantly gather relevant biblical texts and resources, enabling you to jump into the conversation with the foremost scholars on issues within early Judaism. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Jesus and Judaism was winner of the 1990 Louisville Grawemeyer Award in Religion. For more resources on Judaism, check out the T&T Clark Jewish Studies Collection (6 vols.).
- Cutting-edge research on early Judaism
- E. P. Sanders’ seminal work on Second Temple Judaism
- Synthesis of the past 50 years of research on Second Temple Judaism
- Fresh translations of primary early-Jewish texts
- 4 Ezra and 2 Baruch: Translations, Introductions, and Notes by Matthias Henze and Michael Edward Stone
- Early Judaism: Texts and Documents on Faith and Piety, Revised ed., edited by George W. E. Nickelsburg and Michael Edward Stone
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins: Diversity, Continuity, and Transformation edited by George W. E. Nickelsburg
- The Messiah: Developments in Earliest Judaism and Christianity edited by James H. Charlesworth
- Jesus and Judaism by E. P. Sanders
4 Ezra and 2 Baruch: Translations, Introductions, and Notes
- Authors: Matthias Henze and Michael Edward Stone
- Publisher: Fortress Press
- Publication Date: 2013
- Pages: 160
- Title: Early Judaism Collection
- Publisher: Fortress Press
- Volumes: 5
- Pages: 1,784