Life and Works of Justinian the Great (5 vols.)
This collection provides a thorough history of the intriguing life and imperial reign of Justinian the Great, as well as insightful commentary on and translation of his significant work. Justinian the Great was the Byzantine Emperor from 527 to 565. He fought to restore the Roman Empire in late antiquity through judicial reform and reclamation of the lost Western portion of its boundaries. Known as “the last Roman,” he remains an important transitional figure spanning the ancient and medieval epochs of history. Delve into the life and works of this remarkable figure with these valuable resources.
In the Logos editions, these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Citations of other ancient Greco-Roman works link directly to English translations and original-language texts in your Logos library. Historical waypoints integrate into the Logos timeline for a global view of history at a given point. Perform powerful searches with the Topic Guide to instantly gather relevant resources, enabling you to jump into the conversation with the foremost historians and Roman scholars. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place so you get the most out of your study.
- Contains an accessible introduction to Justinian’s Digest
- Provides a thorough biographical and historical account of Justinian’s life and reign
- Includes a full English translation of Justinian’s Digest
- An Introduction to the Study of Justinian’s Digest by Henry John Roby
- The Digest of Justinian, vol. 1 by Justinian the Great
- The Digest of Justinian, vol. 2 by Justinian the Great
- The Age of Justinian and Theodora: A History of the Sixth Century AD, vol. 1 by William Gordon Holmes
- The Age of Justinian and Theodora: A History of the Sixth Century AD, vol. 2 by William Gordon Holmes
- Title: Life and Works of Justinian the Great
- Volumes: 5
- Pages: 1,891
About Justinian the Great
Justinian the Great (c. 482–565) was the Byzantine Emperor from 527 to 565. He is well-known for his judicial reforms and revision of Roman law. Justinian fought to restore the Roman Empire in late antiquity. Known as “the last Roman,” he remains an important transitional figure spanning the ancient and medieval epochs of Rome.