Logos Mobile Education: Bible and Doctrine Foundations Bundle (9 courses)
by 7 authors Michael S. Heiser, Michael Goheen, Morris Proctor, Lynn H. Cohick, Mark Futato, Ronnie Jeff Johnson, Carl Sanders
Lexham Press 2013
Check out our newest courses on Pre-Pub: Douglas Moo’s NT331 Book Study: Paul’s Letter to the Romans, the Elyse Fitzpatrick three-course bundle, and John Walton’s Background of the Old Testament two-course bundle.
Logos Mobile Education is a revolutionary education program that provides formal biblical instruction akin to a Bible college or seminary experience. Learning takes place in an innovative mobile learning environment designed to leverage the power of Logos Bible Software. It’s a biblical and theological education that only Logos could design and deliver. Logos Mobile Ed is education where you are—in your day and in your life.
Mobile Ed courseware features outstanding professors who communicate their content in a clear, comprehensible way. Video lectures are broken down into short segments and filmed in a one-to-one format, not from the back of a classroom. The professor speaks directly to you. Screencasts relevant to the lecture content provide hands-on training relevant to ministry tasks. Best of all, Mobile Ed courses stay with you. You keep the professor. Your notes, books, graphics, screencasts—they’re always there when you need them.
Mobile Ed removes barriers to getting your biblical education. All too often the decision to prepare for ministry after college means uprooting family, quitting a job, leaving relatives, and saying goodbye to your church. It’s life-altering—but it doesn’t have to be. Mobile Ed lets you to keep your life. Professors, the library, and classmates come to you, on your schedule. Millions of American adults are going back to school. Adult learners are mature and ready for serious content. It’s never too late to get serious about learning the Bible. Start learning with Logos Mobile Education today.
The place to begin is Logos Mobile Ed’s Bible and Doctrine Foundations bundle, which includes 9 courses. These courses overview the content, structure, and storyline of the Bible across both testaments and introduce students to major areas of Bible doctrine. Mobile Ed electives presume students have this core knowledge.
- The centerpiece of the Mobile Ed courseware is the Logos digital library, the premier biblical research tool for the 21st century. No other resource puts as much standard academic material for theology and biblical studies at your fingertips and at the pace of your life. No other educational program lets students take the library with them.
- HD video lectures by outstanding scholars in every subject area encountered in seminary: Bible, theology, original languages, interpretation, church history, and practical ministry. Video lectures are filmed in short segments in a one-to-one format for a personalized instructional feel.
- Videos are transcribed and enriched with links into the Logos library. Lectures are where learning begins, not where it should end. Mobile Ed courseware ties lecture content to your Logos library. It instantly connects you to the right book, the right page, the right paragraph relevant to the lecture. The video lectures are also fully searchable, just like a Logos book.
- Screencast videos drawn from lectures translate what you’re learning to cutting edge study skills so you can effectively manage your time and prepare for ministry tasks. Mobile Ed courses give you content knowledge and research skills you’ll use every day of your ministry.
- Mobile Ed courseware links into the Faithlife social network. Share notes on lectures, screencasts, or readings. Get feedback on how you’ll teach what you’re learning in church. Get an answer to a question. Thinking together is part of learning.
Getting started with Mobile Ed
It is highly recommended that all Mobile Ed students have the Logos Bible Software Platinum collection. The courses in the Bible and Doctrine Foundations courseware bundle were created with Platinum. Students not at the level of Platinum will still be able to view the lectures, but access to certain library resources utilized in the course and results of searches illustrated in screencasts require Platinum.
More on Logos Mobile Education
Learn more about the vision for Mobile Ed on the Logos Talk blog:
- Announcing Logos Mobile Education
- Logos Mobile Education: Our Plan for Biblical Content Instruction
- Logos Mobile Education: The Digital Library Difference
- LT151 Logos Academic Training
- OT101 Introducing Old Testament: Its Structure and Story
- NT101 Introducing New Testament: Its Structure and Story
- BI101 Introducing Biblical Interpretation: Contexts and Resources
- BI201 The Story of the Bible
- Title: Bible and Doctrine Foundations
- Instructors: Morris Proctor, Lynn Cohick, Mark Futato, Michael Goheen, Michael S. Heiser, Ronn Johnson, and Carl Sanders
- Publisher: Logos Bible Software
- Publication Date: 2013
- Courses: 9
- Video Units: 57
- 1 video unit = 1 full hour of video course material