Select Works on Orthodox History, Part 1 (8 vols.)
by 8 authors W. F. Adeney, J. M. Neale, Alan P. Stanley, Adrian Fortescue (priest), Hore, A. H., The Religious Tract Society, Cole, F. G., Sayegh, Maximos IV
Place Your Bid!Click on the highest price you'd pay. If the final price is lower, that's what you'll pay.
- Projected price
Part one of this massive collection of resources provides you with both the historical and doctrinal background necessary to better understand the Orthodox Christian Church, or what F. G. Cole called “The Mother of All Churches.” Covering everything from a detailed, historical account of the church from the days of the apostles until the nineteenth century, to a number of lectures and treatises on the Orthodox Church and her interaction with other Christian communions, this set is a must-have for anyone interested in the history of Christianity in the East, as well as how the Orthodox Church has had an influence on the Christianity of the West.
With the Logos edition, all Scripture references are tagged and appear in your favorite translation on mouseover. The entire collection is completely searchable, so you can trace the connections between various themes, events, and historical figures in the Orthodox Christian tradition like never before. You can also cross-reference related texts at the touch of a button, and all your dictionaries and other reference tools are just a click away.
- Multiple historical and doctrinal introductions to the Orthodox Christian church
- Descriptions of Orthodox worship, as well as the deeper meaning behind the services
- Orthodox viewpoints on reunion efforts between Rome and the Orthodox churches
- An Orthodox perspective on the Councils of Basel-Ferrara-Florence in the fifteenth century
- The Eastern Churches and Catholic Unity edited by Maximos IV Sayegh
- The Orthodox Eastern Church by Adrian Fortescue
- Lectures on the History of the Eastern Church: With an Introduction on the Study of Ecclesiastical History by Arthur Penrhyn Stanley
- The Greek and Eastern Churches by Walter F. Adeney
- Mother of All Churches: A Brief and Comprehensive Handbook of the Holy Eastern Orthodox Church by F. G. Cole
- The Greek and Eastern Churches: Their History, Faith, and Worship by The Religious Tract Society
- Eighteen Centuries of the Orthodox Greek Church by A. H. Hore
- The History of the Council of Florence by Aleksandr Vasilyevich Gorski
- Title: Select Works on Orthodox History, Part 1 (8 vols.)
- Volumes: 8
- Pages: 3,385