History and Theology of the Russian Orthodox Church (5 vols.)
by 5 authors Sebastian Dabovich, Mouravieff, A. N., Bishop, G. B. H., Anglican and Eastern Association, Byford, Charles Thomas
The History and Theology of the Russian Orthodox Church collection (5 vols.) is perfect for anyone interested in a thorough introduction to Orthodox Christianity in the land of Rus. In a nation with over 1,000 years of continuous, Christian faith and tradition, Russian Christianity has been forged by a number of trials and tribulations, including most recently the atheistic, Soviet oppression. This collection includes a number of English language volumes on the history of the Church in Russia, the adoption of Orthodox Christianity as its state religion, the interaction between Russian Christianity and the surrounding nations, and even a number of lectures and sermons from a Russian priest in the latter part of the nineteenth century, providing an informative glimpse into the Russian piety of the pre-Soviet era.
With the Logos edition, all Scripture references are tagged and appear in your favorite translation on mouseover. The History and Theology of the Russian Orthodox Church collection is completely searchable, so you can see the connections between various themes, events, and historical figures in the Russian Christian tradition like never before. You can also cross-reference related texts at the touch of a button, and all your dictionaries and other reference tools are just a click away.
- Landmark English works on the history of Russian Christianity
- Sermons from a nineteenth century Russian Orthodox priest
- Lectures on the history, doctrine, and ceremonies of the Orthodox Church
- A History of the Church of Russia by Andrew Nicholaevich Mouravieff
- Preaching in the Russian Church: Lectures and Sermons by a Priest of the Holy Orthodox Church by Sebastian Dabovich
- The Religion of Russia: A Study of the Orthodox Church in Russia, from the Point of View of the Church in England by George Bernard Hamilton
- The Russian Church: Lectures on its History, Constitution, Doctrine, and Ceremonial by Anglican and Eastern Churches Association
- The Soul of Russia by Charles Thomas Byford
- Title: History and Theology of the Russian Orthodox Church (5 vols.)
- Volumes: 5
- Pages: 1,322