Counterpoints Series (17 vols.)
by 73 authors Kaiser, Walter C., Jr., Bock, Darrell L., Enns, Peter, Armstrong, John H., Pratt, Richard L., Jr., Kolb, Robert, Castelein, John D., Nettles, Tom J., Doriani, Daniel M., Vanhoozer, Kevin J., Webb, William J., Gentry, Kenneth L., Jr., Hamstra, Sam, Jr., Thomas, Robert L., Pate, C. Marvin, Cowan, Steven B., Patterson, Paige, Waldron, Samuel E., Toon, Peter, Taylor, L. Roy, Helseth, Paul Kjoss, Craig, William Lane, Highfield, Ron, Boyd, Gregory A., Horton, Michael S., Geisler, Norman L., Ashby, Stephen M., Harper, J. Steven, Bauder, Kevin T., Mohler, R. Albert, Jr., Stackhouse, John G., Jr., Olson, Roger E., Cowles, C. S., Merrill, Eugene H., Gard, Daniel L., Longman, Tremper, III, Moore, Russell D., Hesselink, I. John, Scaer, David P., Baima, Thomas A., Feinberg, Paul D., Habermas, Gary R., Frame, John M., Clark, Kelly James, Bahnsen, Greg L., Moo, Douglas J., Strickland, Wayne G., VanGemeren, Willem A., Dieter, Melvin Easterday, Hoekema, Anthony A., Horton, Stanley M., McQuilkin, J. Robertson, Walvoord, John F., Zahl, Paul F. M., Best, Harold, Horness, Joe, Williams, Don, Webber, Robert, Morgenthaler, Sally, Van Engen, Charles, Towns, Elmer, Snyder, Howard, Van Gelder, Craig, Van Rheenen, Gailyn, Stern, David H., Fruchtenbaum, Arnold G., Fischer, John, Varner, William, Nerel, Gershon, Keener, Craig S., Wenham, Gordon J., Strauss, Mark L., Heth, William A.
Apologetics, worship, church growth, communion, divorce, the end times—these are some key areas of concern for many in the church. With dozens of contributing authors from varying theological backgrounds, the Counterpoints Series is an invaluable set of resources for Christians today, focusing on these topics and more. Many of the volumes in this unique collection lay out four or five separate views on a theological matter, giving the reader the chance to weigh the many sides that can arise on a particular issue. All views presented come from extensive research completed by respected biblical scholars and theologians.
The advantage of this collection is huge: the thought-provoking and varying points of view presented offer great soil with which one can cultivate a sound biblical foundation. Whether you are a student, pastor, teacher, youth worker, or layperson, these volumes are a fantastic tool for understanding contemporary Christian issues you may face today in the light of solid scriptural truth.
This collection provides a solid foundation for understanding sound biblical doctrine. With Logos Bible Software, all Scripture references from the Counterpoints series link to the Bibles in your digital library, providing immediate context for the text. Even better, important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and the wealth of resources in your digital library.
- Analysis of the Church Growth movement
- Differing points of view on communion, remarriage after divorce, the book of Revelation, and more
- Nearly 4,000 pages of relevant information regarding the church and theology today
- Varying perspectives on divine providence, evangelicalism, and the relation of Old and New Testament texts
- Contributions from an assortment of scholars and theologians
- Evaluating the Church Growth Movement edited by Gary L. McIntosh
- Exploring the Worship Spectrum edited by Paul Basden
- Five Views on Apologetics edited by Steven B. Cowan
- Five Views on Law and Gospel edited by Stanley N. Gundry
- Five Views on Sanctification edited by Stanley N. Gundry
- Four Views on Eternal Security edited by J. Matthew Pinson
- Four Views on Moving Beyond the Bible edited by Gary T. Meadors
- Four Views on the Book of Revelation edited by C. Marvin Pate
- Show Them No Mercy edited by Stanley N. Gundry
- How Jewish Is Christianity?: Two Views on the Messianic Movement edited by Louis Goldberg
- Remarriage After Divorce in Today’s Church edited by Mark L. Strauss
- Who Runs the Church? edited by Steven B. Cowan
- Understanding Four Views on Baptism edited by John H. Armstrong
- Understanding Four Views on the Lord’s Supper edited by John H. Armstrong
- Four Views on Divine Providence by Dennis Jowers, William Lane Craig, Ron Highfield, Gregory A. Boyd, and Paul Kjoss Helseth
- Three Views on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament by Walter C. Kaiser Jr., Darrell L. Bock, and Peter Enns
- Four Views on the Spectrum of Evangelicalism by Collin Hansen, Andrew David Naselli, Kevin Bauder, R. Albert Mohler Jr., John G. Stackhouse Jr., and Roger E. Olson
- Title: Counterpoints Series
- Series: Counterpoints
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Volumes: 17
- Pages: 4,720