Find precisely the words you need for any occasion with 300 Quotations for Preachers from the Early Church. Choosing a fitting quotation to share with your congregation—a task that can often take hours—will now take you minutes. In this resource you’ll find entries from more than 40 authors and works, including Augustine of Hippo, John Chrysostom, Jerome, Basil of Caesarea, Gregory the Great, Justin Martyr, Tertullian, and more. Share the quotations with professionally designed slides—one to accompany each quotation.
300 Quotations for Preachers from the Early Church:
- Provides material for sermon prep—If you’re preaching on a Scripture or topic, you can search this resource to easily find relevant quotations.
- Makes sharing easy—The slides make it easy to incorporate quotations into your presentation. To export a quotation into a document, just copy and paste, and the quotation will appear automatically footnoted with bibliographic information for the volume.
- Creates elegant presentations—The slide design matches the church era from which the quotation originated, setting the stage for you to articulate how your message connects with the history of Christian thought.
- Saves time and effort—No need to comb through multiple books looking for an appropriate quotation. This curated collection is categorized multiple ways, making this resource easier to use than other quotation books.
- Offers relevance today—We have updated the archaic language (like “thee” and “thou”) from older sources, making these prayers ready to use in a modern context. The prayers are also abbreviated to a sermon-appropriate length.
This curated collection of 300 quotations, which works with Proclaim and other presentation software, is organized by title, theme, and associated Scripture references. Every quotation includes a link to the original resource in your Logos library. Each quotation is just a few clicks away from being part of your sermon or message, edited to conform with modern English in a perfect length for preaching.
Get a better deal by ordering 1,500 Quotations for Preachers, with Slides (5 vols.) today!
- 300 quotations ready to use in your sermon or message
- 300 accompanying professionally designed slides, with designs to match the church era from which the quote originated, allowing you to articulate how your message connects with the history of Christian thought
- Each quotation linked to its original source in Logos
- Searchable by Scripture, author, or other categories; the entire quotation can be easily exported
- Categorized by theme, title, and affiliated Scriptures, making it easy to find just what you need for any occasion
- Title: 300 Quotations for Preachers from the Early Church
- Editor: Elliot Ritzema
- Publisher: Lexham Press
- Publication Date: 2013
- Format: Logos Digital
About Elliot Ritzema
Elliot Ritzema served as an Old Testament editor for the Lexham English Bible. He is the editor of the Pastorum Series and the Spurgeon Commentary series, as well as a contributor to Faithlife Study Bible. He holds an MDiv from Regent College and is a regular contributor to Bible Study Magazine.