Christianity in the British Isles Collection (6 vols.)
by 7 authors Paul Avis, John Fenwick, Stewart J. Brown, George Newlands, Paul Weller, Hazlett, W. Ian P., Cheyne, A. C.
T&T Clark 1999–2005
The Christianity in the British Isles Collection offers a comprehensive look at Christianity’s relationship with Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and England. The six volumes cover a variety of fascinating topics, including the history of Anglicanism, the little-known Free Church of England, the parallel Reformation experiences of the British Isles, and the outlook for the Church of England in a modern United Kingdom of many faiths. Written by experts in their respective fields, the collection examines Christianity in the British Isles with both a historical and critical eye. Looking into these nations’ history with Christianity illuminates its current situation, and gives insight to the possibilities for the future.
Of special note among the Christianity in the British Isles Collection are two titles concerning the scholarship of the late Alexander Campbell Cheyne, widely regarded as one of the foremost Scottish scholars of Church History. Studies in Scottish Church History explores the history of religion in Scotland since the Reformation, paying much attention to the Church leaders who have helped shape Scottish Christianity. Scottish Christianity in the Modern World continues the erudite explication of Scottish Christianity with essays from renowned scholars penned in Cheyne’s honor.
- Comprehensive look at Christianity's relationship with Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and England
- Describes nations' history and current situations
- The Reformation in Britain and Ireland: An Introduction
- Anglicanism and the Christian Church: Theological Resources in Historical Perspective
- The Free Church of England: Introduction to an Anglican Tradition
- Time for a Change: Reconfiguring Religion, State and Society
- Scottish Christianity in the Modern World: In Honour of A. C. Cheyne
- Studies in Scottish Church History
- Title: Christianity in the British Isles Collection (6 vols.)
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 1,815