Baker Academic Early Church Collection (13 vols.)
by 16 authors Daly, Robert J., Leithart, Peter J., Jensen, Robin M., Bouteneff, Peter C., Sider, Ronald J., George, Timothy, Litfin, Bryan M., Robinson, Thomas A., Hvalvik, Reidar, Skarsaune, Oskar, Rhee, Helen, Tabbernee, William, Rasimus, Tuomas, Engberg-Pedersen, Troels, Dunderberg, Ismo, Holman, Susan R.
4 publishers Baker Academic, Holy Cross Orthodox Press, Brazos, Hendrickson 2007–2012
The Baker Academic Early Church Collection presents insights on early Christian theology. Appealing to both Protestants and Catholics, it includes contributions from scholars and theologians of all traditions. Drawing mostly from the first five centuries’ Church Fathers and texts, it provides an introduction to various patristic authors and writings and addresses their theologies, impact on the early church’s development, contemporary relevance, and common misconceptions that have tainted evangelical views. The collection also illustrates how Montanism and Stoicism shaped early Christianity and analyzes the early church’s baptismal rites, views on social justice and ethics, and interpretation of the Genesis 1–3 narrative.
The Baker Academic Early Church Collection is perfect if you’re a student, scholar, pastor, or layperson interested in the most pressing topics relating to early church history, theology, and spirituality. The Logos Bible Software edition of this collection is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of the Christian church. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about the early Church Fathers’, writings, culture, and thought.
Want the rest of the series? Order the Baker Academic Early Church Upgrade (3 vols.) today!
- Contains contributions from scholars and theologians from various traditions
- Provides insights on the early church’s theological development
- Analyzes the historical and contemporary significance of the early Church Fathers and their writings
- Apocalyptic Thought in Early Christianity edited by Robert J. Daly
- Athanasius by Peter J. Leithart
- Baptismal Imagery in Early Christianity: Ritual, Visual, and Theological Dimensions by Robin M. Jensen
- Beginnings: Ancient Christian Readings of the Biblical Creation Narratives Peter C. Bouteneff
- The Early Church on Killing: A Comprehensive Sourcebook on War, Abortion, and Capital Punishment edited by Ronald J. Sider
- Evangelicals and Nicene Faith: Reclaiming the Apostolic Witness edited by Timothy George
- Getting to Know the Church Fathers: An Evangelical Introduction by Bryan M. Liften
- Ignatius of Antioch and the Parting of the Ways: Early Jewish-Christian Relations by Thomas A. Robinson
- Jewish Believers in Jesus: The Early Centuries edited by Reidar Hvalvik and Oskar Skarsaune
- Loving the Poor, Saving the Rich: Wealth, Poverty, and Early Christian Formation by Helen Rhee
- Prophets and Gravestones: An Imaginative History of Montanists and Other Early Christians by William Tabbernee
- Stoicism in Early Christianity edited by Tuomas Rasimus, Troels, Engberg-Pederson, Ismo Dunderberg
- Wealth and Poverty in Early Church and Society edited by Susan R. Holman
Loving the Poor, Saving the Rich: Wealth, Poverty, and Early Christian Formation
- Author: Helen Rhee
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- Publication Date: 2012
- Pages: 304
- Title: Baker Academic Early Church Collection
- Volumes: 13
- Pages: 4,307