The Gospel of Genesis: Studies in Protology and Eschatology, 2nd ed.
by Gage, Warren
Warren A. Gage 2010
The Gospel of Genesis: Studies in Protology and Eschatology argues that there is an underlying eschatology in Genesis that foresees the sweep of redemptive history and the end of all things as, after the pattern of the beginning, a new creation. Gage examines the structure of, and literary parallels in, the historical records, identifying five major theological themes with a Genesis 1–7 basis. He traces these themes through Scripture, showing that the Bible’s eschatology is intimately bound up with the protology of the early chapters of Genesis. This second edition includes a new introduction.
The Logos Bible Software edition of The Gospel of Genesis: Studies in Protology and Eschatology is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of Genesis. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and original-language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about protology and eschatology.
- Examines the relationship between eschatology and protology
- Analyzes five theological themes with a Genesis 1–7 basis
- Part One: The Gospel of Genesis
- Chapter One: Introduction
- Chapter Two: The Eschatological Structure of Genesis
- Chapter Three: The Creator God as Cosmic Redeemer
- Chapter Four: The First Adam and the Last Adam
- Chapter Five: Judgment, Salvation, and the Oracle of Destiny
- Chapter Six: The City of God and the Cities of Men
- Chapter Seven: The Flood of Noah and Prophetic Judgment
- Chapter 2
- Part Two: A Meditation on Genesis 1–12
- The History of the World That Was: Genesis 1–7
- The Historical Beginnings of the World That Is: Genesis 8–12
- Title: The Gospel of Genesis: Studies in Protology and Eschatology
- Author: Warren A. Gage
- Edition: 2nd
- Publisher: St. Andrews House
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 113
About Warren A. Gage
Warren A. Gage received his BA from Southern Methodist University, ThM from Dallas Theological Seminary, JD from Southern Methodist University School of Law, and MA and PhD from the University of Dallas. He is a professor of Old Testament at Knox Theological Seminary, an assistant minister at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church, and a member of the Evangelical Theological Society.