The Works of A. T. Pierson (42 vols.)
by 10 authors Arthur T. Pierson, A. J. Gordon, Stephen Livingstone Baldwin, Jennie M. Bingham, Liggins, John, McDowell, W. F., Ninde, Mary Louise, Gracey, J. T., Oldham, W. F., Withrow, W. H.
12 publishers Fleming H. Revell, J. Nisbet & Co., Gospel Publishing House, Funk & Wagnalls, American Baptist Publication Society, Baker & Taylor Co., Robert Carter & Brothers, O. S. Gulley, Bornman & Co., Anson D. F. Randolph & Company, Pickering & Inglis, Eaton and Mains, A. C. Armstrong and Son 1879–1910
A. T. Pierson's impact as a preacher and writer are wide. He published nearly 50 books in his lifetime and is thought to have preached over 13,000 sermons. He was a guest lecturer at numerous prominent colleges and seminaries, and succeeded his good friend Charles Spurgeon in the pulpit of the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London for two years.
The Works of A. T. Pierson brings together 42 volumes—almost 10,000 pages—of Pierson's work:
- Missionary: over a dozen full works on missions and missionaries, including the four-volume Miracles of Missions series
- Bible Study and Apologetics: includes Pierson's best-selling works on the Bible, such as Many Infallible Proofs and In Christ Jesus
- Spiritual Life and Sermons: dozens of sermons and lectures included in this collection
- Biography: biographies of Charles Spurgeon, James Wright of Bristol, Catharine of Sienna, and William A. B. Johnson
- Practical works: works on the art of preaching, defeating spiritual sickness, and more!
This is the most complete collection of A. T. Pierson's writings available in print or electronically! What’s more, the Logos edition makes The Works of A. T. Pierson (42 vols.) more widely available and easier to access than ever! From the countless Scripture references linked straight to the biblical text, to the powerful search tools in your digital library, the Logos edition lets you encounter Pierson like never before. Logos also makes navigating lengthy, multi-volume works easier than ever—such as his Miracles of Missions series. The Works of A. T. Pierson (42 vols.) is a must-have for pastors and teachers, and anyone interested in studying the works of one of the most important Evangelical preachers.
- Nearly 10,000 pages from A. T. Pierson
- Includes the four-volume Miracles of Missions series
- Dozens of sermons and lectures
- Completely searchable and linked to the other resources in your Logos library
Praise for A. T. Pierson
In the front rank of agitators for Foreign Missions.
—The Christian Advocate
One of the foremost living homilists.
—The Golden Rule
- The Divine Enterprise of Missions
- The Crisis of Missions
- The Miracles of Missions, vol. 1
- The Miracles of Missions, vol. 2
- The Miracles of Missions, vol. 3
- The Miracles of Missions, vol. 4
- The Modern Missionary Century Viewed as a Cycle of Divine Working
- The Coming of the Lord
- The Acts of the Holy Spirit
- The New Acts of the Apostles or The Marvels of Modern Missions
- Forward Movements of the Last-Half Century
- The Divine Art of Preaching
- God's Living Oracles
- The Bible and Spiritual Criticism
- The Bible and Spiritual Life
- Knowing the Scriptures: Rules and Methods of Bible Study
- The Greatest Work in the World or The Evangelization of All Peoples in the Present Century
- Keys to the Word: Help to Bible Study
- Lessons in the School of Prayer as Taught By the Lord Jesus Christ Himself
- The One Gospel
- James Wright of Bristol: A Memorial of a Fragrant Life
- Catharine of Siena: An Ancient Lay Preacher
- Seven Years in Sierra Leone: The Story of the Work of William A. B. Johnson
- "God's Hand in Missions"
- From the Pulpit to the Palm-Branch: A Memorial of C. H. Spurgeon
- Shall We Continue in Sin? A Vital Question for Believers Answered in the Word of God
- Life-Power, or, Character, Culture, and Conduct
- A Spiritual Clinique: Four Bible Readings Given at Keswick in 1907
- Stumbling Stones Removed from the Word of God
- Godly Self-Control
- In Christ Jesus, or, The Sphere of the Believer's Life
- Seed Thoughts for Public Speakers
- The Making of a Sermon
- Many Infallible Proofs: A Series of Chapters on the Evidences of Christianity
- The Keswick Movement
- Evangelistic Work in Principle and Practice
- The Doric Pillar of Michigan: A Memorial Address Commemorative of the Hon. Zachariah Chandler
- The Inspired Word: A Series of Papers and Addresses Delivered at the Bible-Inspiration Conference, Philadelphia, 1887
- The Picket Line of Missions: Sketches of the Advanced Guard
- How Christ Came to the Church: The Pastor’s Dream
- The Great Value and Success of Foreign Missions
- The Coronation Hymnal
The Bible and Spiritual Criticism
- Author: A. T. Pierson
- Publisher: J. Nisbet & Co.
- Publication Date: 1906
- Pages: 275
- Title: The Works of A. T. Pierson
- Author: Arthur Tappan Pierson
- Volumes: 42
- Pages: 9,835
About A. T. Pierson
Arthur Tappan Pierson (1837–1911) was born in New York City and named after Arthur Tappan, the famous abolitionist. He graduated from Hamilton College, New York, in 1857, and Union Theological Seminary in 1869. He married Sarah Frances Benedict in 1860, and they had seven children whom all served as missionaries, pastors, or lay leaders.
Pierson's impact as a preacher and writer are wide. He published nearly 50 books in his lifetime, and is thought to have preached over 13,000 sermons. He was a guest lecturer at numerous prominent colleges and seminaries, and succeeded his good friend Charles Spurgeon in the pulpit of the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London for two years.
But perhaps Pierson's legacy would mostly be defined for his advocacy of faith-based missionary work. He set it as a personal goal to have missionary workers in every country of the world by the end of his life. His bestselling books were those that demonstrated the effective and inspirational work of missionaries, he was the longtime editor for the Missionary Review of the World, and he was one of the organizers of the famous Student Volunteer Movement. His family had Matthew 28:19 engraved on his headstone, a passage he dedicated his life toward fulfilling.