For more than thirty years, Tabletalk has existed as a magazine for laymen. Generally speaking, laymen receive either very little instruction in the weightier matters of the faith, or the instruction is too academic, thereby making the material largely inaccessible to average laymen. This is the reason Tabletalk exists — to bridge the gap between these two poles, to explain to the people of God important, biblical doctrines and events while admonishing them toward holy living.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with James Bordwine, Tim Bayly, Nancy Wilson, Brent Bradley, R.C. Sproul Jr., Mike Renihan, Anthony Carter, Robert Godfrey, and Greg Bailey. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
- "The Order of Creation" by R.C. Sproul
- "I Do Not Permit . . ." by James Bordwine
- "Service and Silence" by Tim Bayly
- "A Wide Field of Service" by Nancy Wilson
- "Where Have All the Fathers Gone?" by Brent Bradley
- "Off with the Skirt, on with the Pants" by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- "The Elusive Grace" by Mike Renihan
- "A Better City Awaits" by Anothony Carter
- "The Joy of His Justice" by Robert Godfrey
- "A Relentless Work" by Greg Bailey
- "Coram Deo"
- "On the Shoulders of Giants"
- "The Cultural Mind"
- "Tolle Lege"
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, May 1999: Who Shall Rule? Women in the Church
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: May 1999
- Pages: 62
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.