Ever question what may have been meant by the statement, "You are Peter and on this rock"? Are you puzzled by the cursing of the fig tree by Jesus or by his comments about moving mountains? William Barclay discusses these and many other interesting matters in this second volume of the Gospel of Matthew. Readers will profit by the depth of scholarship, the honesty of appraisal, and the grace of style with which Dr. Barclay deals with difficult topics such as marriage and divorce or the danger of riches. With a lively translation and engaging commentary, Barclay's comments on the latter portion of Matthew's Gospel are great for daily readings.
- Insightful devotionals and commentary on the New Testament
- Wisdom and biblical knowledge from well-loved theologian William Barclay
- Title: The New Daily Study Bible: The Gospel of Matthew, Volume 2
- Author: William Barclay
- Series: The New Daily Study Bible: New Testament (DSB)
- Publisher: Westminster John Knox Press
- Publication Date: 2001
- Pages: 442
About William Barclay
William Barclay (1907-1978) was a world-renowned New Testament interpreter and Professor of Divinity and Biblical Criticism at Glasgow University in Scotland. Having written more than fifty books, he is probably best known as the author of The Daily Study Bible series.