From empty nesting to downsizing to grandparenting to retirement, life is filled with all kinds of transitions—and loss. Yet change is not the only constant: God remains the same. With tenderness, grace, and a dash of humor, Martha Evans Sparks offers the best medicine for coping with life’s many transitions—encouragement.
This collection of inspiring devotionals will remind you that no matter your age or stage of life, you remain a vibrant person, able to weather transitions and make a vital contribution to the world around you.
With the Logos Bible Software edition of Strength for Today, it’s easy to dig deep into the Word of God to find encouraging Scripture to accompany these uplifting devotionals. All Scriptural passages link to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features included in Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of “hope” or “tenderness.”
- Encouragement for all life’s changes
- Prayers after each chapter
- God Does Not Change: Stability
- The Joy of the Lord Is Your Strength: Transitions
- The Road Ahead: Changes
- Life is Full of Surprises: Frustrations
- They Flew the Coop, but I'm Still Here: Empty Nest
- It's Not in My Vocabulary, but It's in My Life: Divorce
- Follow the Money . . . If You Can Keep Up: Finances
- Borne on Eagles' Wings: Loss
- Letting Go: Grief
- I Saw a New Heaven and a New Earth: Dying
- Title: Strength for Today: Daily Encouragement through Life's Transitions
- Author: Martha Evans Sparks
- Publisher: Wesleyan Publishing House
- Publication Date: 2005
- Pages: 160
About Martha Evans Sparks
Martha Evans Sparks is a journalist and librarian from Wilmore, Kentucky. She is the author of Give Us This Day: Daily Hope for Caregivers and Cherish the Days: Inspiration for Long-Distance Caregivers.