For more than thirty years, Tabletalk has existed as a magazine for laymen. Generally speaking, laymen receive either very little instruction in the weightier matters of the faith, or the instruction is too academic, thereby making the material largely inaccessible to average laymen. This is the reason Tabletalk exists — to bridge the gap between these two poles, to explain to the people of God important, biblical doctrines and events while admonishing them toward holy living.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Kenneth Gentry, David King, Anthony Carter, Chris Donato, Sinclair Ferguson, Douglas Kelly, David Seng, George Grant, and R. C. Sproul Jr. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
- "'I Believe in the Life Everlasting'" by R. C. Sproul
- "The New Creation" by Kenneth Gentry
- "The Reversal of the Curse" by Vern Poythress
- "The New Day" by David King
- "Last Things First" by Anthony Carter
- "Repentance from First to Last" by Chris Donato
- "Sabbath Rest" by Sinclair Ferguson
- "God's Rest for God's People" by Douglas Kelly
- "Forever Mercy" by David Seng
- "Coram Deo" from the Editors
- "Not of This World" by George Grant
- "Civilization and Its Discontents" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, March 2004: The New Heavens and the New Earth
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: March 2004
- Pages: 60
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.