The July 2008 issue of Tabletalk focuses on the eighth century. While by no means intended to provide a complete history of this century, this issue of Tabletalk aims to present several of its highlights by exploring its historical, theological, and practical ramifications.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Howard Q. Davis, Bill Haynes, Susan Hunt, Henry Krabbendam, Robert Letham, Keith A. Mathison, Nick Needham, R. C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith.
The 2008 Bible studies examines the gospel of Matthew and the Redeemer who saves His people from their sins.
- "All Truth Is God’s Truth" by R. C. Sproul
- "A Western Renaissance" by Nick Needham
- "Graven Images? The Iconoclastic Controversy" by Robert Letham
- "Boniface: The Apostle to Germany" by Henry Krabbendam
- "Free Is Not Cheap" by Chris Donato
- "The Turning Point" by Joel R. Beeke
- "Faith and the Power of God" by Jerry Bridges
- "The Forgotten Mark" by Tom Ascol
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by Bill Haynes
- "Pro Ecclesia: For the Church" by Howard Q. Davis
- "Generation to Generation" by Susan Hunt
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, July 2008: The 8th Century
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: July 2008
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.