The March 2009 issue of Tabletalk intends to encourage readers to live and think appropriately about the various spheres of authority and their relationships to the church.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Knox Chamblin, David Mathis, Keith A. Mathison, John R. Muether, Matt Schmuker, Denise Sproul, R. C. Sproul Jr., Cal Thomas, and Gene Edward Veith.
The 2009 Bible studies look at the apostle Paul’s life and thought in a study of the books the frame his career: Galatians, the very first letter he wrote, and 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus, the last epistles to come from him.
- "The Divine Foundation of Authority" by R. C. Sproul
- "Family Authority" by Denise Sproul
- "The Authority of Christ’s Church" by John R. Muether
- "The Authority of the State" by Cal Thomas
- "Sons, Not Slaves" by Tom Ascol
- "Children of Promise" by Terry L. Johnson
- "Grace and Law?" by John P. Sartelle
- "Adopted Sons and Daughters" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by Matt Schmucker
- "Pro Ecclesia: For the Church" by David Mathis
- "Generation to Generation" by Knox Chamblin
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, March 2009: Authority—Church, Family, and Government
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: March 2009
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.