The January 2010 issue of Tabletalk explores the sovereignty of God in the face of anxiety. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with E. Calvin Beisner, Steven Lawson, John MacArthur, Ken Myers, Paul David Tripp, and Ed Welch. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns by contributors such as Keith Mathison and Iain Campbell.
The 2010 Bible studies engage in a thematic and biblical-theological study of the Old Testament, looking at various characters, events, practices, and other elements of old covenant religion that are fulfilled in the new covenant.
- "For My Good?" by R. C. Sproul
- "Thinking Biblically About Worry" by Paul David Tripp
- "Peace That Passes All Understanding" by Ed Welch
- "Bearing One Another's Burdens" by John MacArthur
- "Why The Old Testament?" by Iain D. Campbell
- "The Future Tree of Life" by Ken Jones
- "The New Adam" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "The Indomitable Kingdom" by John P. Sartelle
- "Able to Keep Promises" by John M. Duncan
- "Be Still (And Know That You're Loved)" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Out of Control" by Ken Myers
- "Preach the Word" by Steven J. Lawson
- "Evangelizing Our Children" by E. calvin Beisner
- "Heaven Rejoices" by Keith A. Mathison
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, January 2010: Anxiety and the Sovereignty of God
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date:
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.