The December 2010 issue of Tabletalk focuses on the mission the church has to the world, specifically in the area of mercy and compassion. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Tom Ascol, Eric Bancroft, Elliot Grudem, Sebastian Heck, Susan Hunt, Keith Mathison, R.C. Sproul Jr., Miles V. Van Pelt, and Danny Wuerffel. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns.
The 2010 Bible studies engage in a thematic and biblical-theological study of the Old Testament, looking at various characters, events, practices, and other elements of old covenant religion that are fulfilled in the new covenant.
- With Passion by R. C. Sproul
- The Year in Books by Keith Mathison
- Truly Reformed Theology by Burk Parsons
- Congregational Counseling by Eric Bancroft
- The Covenant Way by Susan Hunt
- Mercy Ministry by Elliot Grudem
- Do We Believe the Whole Gospel? by R. C. Sproul
- The Magic Bullet by Sebastian Heck
- Articles by a variety of Christian scholars and leaders that provide detailed and thought-provoking coverage of important topics.
- Daily, in-depth studies guiding readers through one or more books of the Bible each year through rich yet easy-to-understand exposition, and practical applications.
- Trusted resources for further study.
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: December, 2010: Overcoming Apathy: Mercy Ministry in Word and Deed
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: 2010
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including The Holiness of God, The Intimage Marriage, Essential Truths of the Christian Faith, Following the Cross, and the R. C. Sproul Exposition Collection.
About Burk Parsons
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.